pork loin question - need some advise please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoked alaskan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Hey Everyone,

I'm doing a smoke today on 10 lbs of pork loin to be served at my wedding in July. I'm going to vac seal it and freeze it until wedding time.  Trying to get all my major smoking done early to ease the burden of crap to do as the wedding gets close. Going to do the same with baby backs and q some chicken.

My question is ... as I plan to warm the food up in the oven the morning of the wedding, what IT do I take the loin to on the smoke so it's still juicy yet cooked when I warm it? I'm assuming a low and slow warm up in the oven at about 225* - 250* should be the way to go on wedding day.

Much thanks in advance for any assist ! - Ed

If you're wanting to cut down on last minute things to do, why not reheat your meats in boiling water on wedding day? If it's vac sealed, this would be much easier. Cook to your desired IT and no guessing about serving temp.

If you have a sous vide, submerging the sealed meats in a water bath, at a recommended temperature, will give the best results....  a slow cooker will give the same results, if it is filled with water...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky