Pork loin over pecan. Froze my giblets off, but worth it.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had to smoke a lot of marlin at work today so I tried to use half pellets and half wood chips. I put about an inch of pellets, then an inch of wood chips and repeated that until the tube was full. It work perfect! The only thing I noticed was there was slightly less smoke than normal, and I mean slightly! I did sort thru the wood chips and took the bigger pieces out.

I'll try and smoke some more marlin on Thursday and use only wood chips...

This was the 450 lb beast we got today:

I would say that's a keeper!

Happy smoken.

David

I had to smoke a rib eye at work and did the half pellet and half wood chips again, but this time I just I didn't sort out the larger pieces. My 12" amnts usually takes about four hours to use all of its pellets; today, with larger wood chips it took three hours to use most of its fuel.

As it was nearing the end of its burn I picked up the tube shook the ashes out and accumulated all the lit pellets at the capped end and refueled with straight wood chips. So now it was burning back to the open end with straight wood chips. Worked fine...

I had to smoke a rib eye at work and did the half pellet and half wood chips again, but this time I just I didn't sort out the larger pieces. My 12" amnts usually takes about four hours to use all of its pellets; today, with larger wood chips it took three hours to use most of its fuel.

As it was nearing the end of its burn I picked up the tube shook the ashes out and accumulated all the lit pellets at the capped end and refueled with straight wood chips. So now it was burning back to the open end with straight wood chips. Worked fine...
Thanks for the info.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky