Pork Loin and a chuckie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

carson627

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Nashville, TN
I did a loin and a chuckie today.  Used hickory and cherry.  Marinated both in Mojo Criollo overnight.  The loin is done.  Chuck is finishing up in the oven over night.  It is sooo moist and tender.

Ya'll have a good evening!

Carson

The pics:

8f7ec49a_porkloinwhole2.jpg

a8b368fa_porkloinwhole1.jpg

e384d8ff_porkloinsliced2.jpg

ecb69078_porkloinsliced1.jpg

Reactions: mballi3011
I was looking to do something to bring to my SIL's house for Turkey Day.  I was thinking about pork loin but wanted to do something a little different.  Was the loin wrapped in the foil the entire smoke?  Looks good and real moist.   I had to look up  Mojo Criollo  , wasn't familiar with the term but looks pretty straight forward.  

Thanks for posting

No, it was unwrapped for the entire cook.  It'd probably look better if I'd have browned it before slicing or threw it on a screaming hot grill.  But the sample I had tasted great!

icon_cool.gif

Now the loin looks awesome to say the least. Man oh Man it looks so good and juicy too. The only thing more I could wish for is that I was there to help you eat it too.

It doesn't have a very strong flavor.  This stuff was bottled.  Maybe it'll be better fresh. 

The chuck was tender and had a real nice smoke ring.  I pulled it and it's in the fridge for dinner one night this week.  I'll try to get pics if I remember.  I think we're gonna have enchiladas!

It doesn't have a very strong flavor.  This stuff was bottled.  Maybe it'll be better fresh. 

The chuck was tender and had a real nice smoke ring.  I pulled it and it's in the fridge for dinner one night this week.  I'll try to get pics if I remember.  I think we're gonna have enchiladas!
I use Goya brand (store bought) and it has quite a bit of flavor but like I was saying I've only grilled with it so it doesnt have as much time to go anywhere. By the way, have you got yo popcorn ready? haha we'll see what he does next week.

Moss?  Yeah, he's supposed to be in town today.  We've begged for a big time receiver for years and now we have one.  I hope it works out well for him and the team.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky