Pork Injection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Dont know if anyone here has tried this yet.

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow morning on a butt.
Bought in Warner Robbins last week.

porkinj.jpg

That one looks a little different than the recipe in his book but LOVE that one. I add STPP tho.

Are the mixing instructions broken down for making small batches? I can normally inject .5 ounce to .75 ounce of injection per pound of meat.

Many of the injections I buy lean toward recommending a competition strength, so I will experiment to find my personal sweet spot.

Reactions: zwiller
Many of the injections I buy lean toward recommending a competition strength, so I will experiment to find my personal sweet spot.
GREAT point. Sometimes less IS more. Never bought mixes but spent a LONG time putting Mixon's recipe in the book through it's places. It's competition strength but back it down to your liking and it's KILLER. I use it at a rate most people would not even realize it.

Never tried that one but I use Kosmos Q injection mixed with apple juice a lot.
Starting to see some the MM products in the local ACE stores so I'll be on the lookout!

Keith

Only has mix into 1 gallon of apple juice.

Easy to figure out anyways.

Boy that does look good, and apple always pairs well with pork.

Point for sure
Chris

That looks great. I need to so some pulled pork. Been awhile

Thanks y'all

Next time I'm going to spritz with the injection.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky