Pork fest on the Lang

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful piece of work Jeff, huge Like! New Lang, truck, saws, wood, it's the gift that keeps on giving! RAY

Reactions: jcam222
If I didn't already have the truck and chainsaws, my wife would be the "you don't need more" soapbox.
Good Luck!
Damn, that all looks amazing...nice work brother.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
That all looks great to me. Pulling up a chair.
Oh yeah!!! I'd be all in for that feed. Great job.
Gary
Looks great from here!
That looks so good! Nice stick burner.
The belly looks great , the butts look great, BUT the beans i could eat that all day. Great job

David
It all looks great. Good job.

Rob
Looks good jcam.
Fantastic Jeff . Wish I had a stick burner again . Nice work bud .
Great looking meal there my friend!
And congrats on the new to you Lang!
Al
Wow Jeff!! What a way to break in that "new" Lang. That's a pile of great looking food right there buddy. Are you hosting a clock party or something? :emoji_astonished: That much will keep you and the family in some great leftovers for quite a while. Problem is that I don't know which I like better...the butts or the belly. Guess I'll just have to help myself to some of each as well as a massive dose of those beans. Wow those look fantastic, as always. Nice job my friend.

Robert
Looks like your dialed in. Some wonderful eats.
yes yes yes!!! that all looks so good! Great work.
Awesome looking meal going on there.

Warren
Very nice!
Great looking meal from start to finish. 🍻
John
Looks awesome as usual Jeff. Congrats on firing up the stickburner. Bet you had a good time
That IS a pork fest! Nice job, gonna have to try those beans. Looks like your new toy is a keeper :emoji_sunglasses:
Beautiful piece of work Jeff, huge Like! New Lang, truck, saws, wood, it's the gift that keeps on giving! RAY
Awesome Vittles, Jeff!!
Outstanding Work!
Like.

Bear
That all looks wonderful ! Love to have the ends off that belly and a big plate of beans
Great inaugural run Jeff! The grub looks amazing!
Thanks guys! Cooking in the Lang was a treat. I was multi tasking and also making a batch of my dandelion sugar free honey. Remembering to feed big momma every 20-30 minutes while I’m multitasking is new to me. All in all for my first cook on a stick burner it was very smooth. I was pretty surprised that once I had a hot coal bed I was able to burn some split oak that had only been cut a few months ago. TBS off it as well.

Now that's the way to break in a "new" smoker, food looks great. With me, it seems that wood procurement is a never ending process. I don't have a Lang, but my cheap offset eats wood, too and I have to stay a year ahead on my supply or else I won't have any seasoned.

I'm curious about your beans. Could you give some more detail or is the recipe posted on here somewhere?
Great looking meal from start to finish. 🍻
John
Thanks John! Beans detailed here. They are money. Keto and non keto veg me to make them constantly. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/beef-x2-and-beans-finished-q-view-added-in-thread.291345/

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Whoa, that looks amazing. I hear you about the wood. I have over a cord of different kinds of wood in various stages of seasoning to keep me stocked into 2022. My Horizon has a serious wood addiction too.

Reactions: jcam222
I guess I am going to have to try to make this. I am guessing that just use a dandelion honey recipe and replace sugar with something like Monkfruit? I will drive around next week and look for dandelions.
I’ll link you the recipe and process later. I posted it last year on the forum.

Wow, those look really great. It's not even 8:30 yet and I'm ready for dinner!

Thanks for the like jcam it is appreciated.

Glad you ae liking your Lang my dream machine some day maybe. But getting to old for new toys like a Lang.

Warren

fEQtRW.gif

That would be me leaving after porkfest. That all looks great Jeff. Glad to finally see the beast in action!

I drove around 2 hours looking for dandelions. They not as easy to find as you would think. I may have 2 cups. I found your recipe but don't have jicama. Guess just go without out it.

View attachment 493330
I think without will be fine. We don’t treat our lawn so that we don’t kill the bees. As a result we have tons of dandelions now. I picked 100 in literally 15 minutes. How much this tastes like honey is unbelievable. If you want to do a cool experiment turn one to creamed honey. That’s my fav. Once you pour the hot cooked down syrup into small Mason jars you will seed one with 1 t powdered Swerve. Still it really well and set in a cold water bath. Change the water frequently to keep it cool. As the contents start to whiten stir it vigorously. Place back in water. Rinse repeat until it’s all white creamed honey. Also note that especially at lower room temps the honey will crystallized very quickly. Just heat before use. The creamed kind will hold consistency for many days with just a little stir from time to time. I’m the creamed honey process the small crystalline structure of the powdered Swerve sets the particle size for the rest of the crystallization. The cool water bath accelerates it.
28D5A9BE-1397-4C1A-8A8E-84F201567A3B.jpeg

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I ended up finding one at Kroger. I had right at 3.5 oz but they not very big heads. Probly more green weight but we will see. Just came to a boil. Gonna let sit over night as it is getting to late. Hoping to use this to make my Habanero Garlic Honey Pecans!

I ended up finding one at Kroger. I had right at 3.5 oz but they not very big heads. Probly more green weight but we will see. Just came to a boil. Gonna let sit over night as it is getting to late. Hoping to use this to make my Habanero Garlic Honey Pecans!
It should work ok for that. You may need to reduce by 50% even to get the thicker honey consistency. It takes some playing around with and like I said it recrystalizes easily but well worth the troubles for the unmistakable honey flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky