Pork Crown Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dionysus

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 4, 2006
None Of Your Business
Hey all I am looking for some help/advice. Has anyone ever smoked a crown roast of pork? (see attached picture). I am thinking this would be more along the lines of ribs than a butt, but maybe not.
Any thought , hints, advice would be greatly appreciated ......

Thanks
2591a9e9_vbattach11665.jpg

Thanks Gunslinger, I kind of thought this would be more like ribs than anything else. I have a butcher that I can order the roast from, and you are right, it is rare to find one already to go at the supermarket. I have done them in the oven several times and they are always wonderful so i figure it's gotta be better from the smoker right.
Chris, if you haven't tried this see if your butcher can get you one, they are absolutely awesome. It is basically the pork loin with the bones still attached (lika a rack of lamb). They sometimes use 2 "racks" to form the crown. It is pretty impressive when it is carved at the table .......

My sister makes these often on holidays (I think she just likes making little hats for the bones sticking up) It an excellent cut when not burnt to a crisp!

I'd do it like ribs standing in a circle. You'll love it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky