Pork Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Took 2 thick cut bone in pork chops.
Rubbed them with TenderQuick, garlic and black pepper.

Left them in the fridge for a few hours, then took them out and rinsed them.

Put a bed of sauerkraut in a dish with some red and black pepper.

Browsed the chops lightly in cast iron.

Placed them on the sauerkraut and covered with stove top pork stuffing.

Baked at 350 covered for 30 minutes, the 20 minutes uncovered.

one of my favorite winter meals.
20220117_165325.jpg
20220117_171411.jpg
20220117_171654.jpg
20220117_173844.jpg
20220117_183308.jpg

Attachments

• 20220117_165325.jpg
    20220117_165325.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 8
Kasseler right? I've made it with cured but unsmoked pork, or cured and smoked pork both are delicious. I have the old Morton Curing Guide and it has the Tenderuick recipe version in it.

EDIT - Morton calls it Gepockelte.

Last edited:
Reactions: bill ace 350
Bill, those pork chops look delicious. I actually was going to cook some for supper tonight myself, but my recently retired wife says she wants to eat "more healthy" so I may be done cooking as she obviously doesn't feel that what I cook is healthy. I told her today, "OK, from now on you're cooking..."

but my recently retired wife says she wants to eat "more healthy" so I may be done cooking as she obviously doesn't feel that what I cook is healthy. I told her today, "OK, from now on you're cooking..."
Best remedy for that is you cook for you, she cooks for her. It often works that way in our house. A lot of what we eat was cooked by her, or me, but a fair amount of the time, we each cook our own. "Healthy" often seems to be strictly limiting pork and beef in favor of chicken. While I like chicken well enough, I also like my pork and beef!

Kasseler right? I've made it with cured but unsmoked pork, or cured and smoked pork both are delicious. I have the old Morton Curing Guide and it has the Tenderuick recipe version in it.

EDIT - Morton calls it Gepockelte.

Same morton recipe, different cooking technique

Looks Great, Bill !!
That's the way we Panfried hundreds of "This Cut Pork Chops", over the last 50+ years!!
Love Them!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks for all the comments and likes.

Like so many things, leftovers are better.

Had the second chop tonight.

Not gloating, but is was pretty darn good.

Reactions: DougE
I've thought about taking some cure#1 and doing some smoked chops like they sell in grocery stores, but haven't done it yet.

I've thought about taking some cure#1 and doing some smoked chops like they sell in grocery stores, but haven't done it yet.
I've smoked them after curing with tenderquick. they are excellent. haven't tried using cure #1.

Reactions: Bearcarver
I've smoked them after curing with tenderquick. they are excellent. haven't tried using cure #1.
I used to see tenderquick in some of the grocery stores around here, but haven't seen any on the shelves in awhile. I have plenty of cure#1 on hand though, so I'd rather use what I already have.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky