Pork Butt times 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joeg

Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
So I am running my first smoke with my brand new Party Gator from Gator Pits.

Here are a few pics as it is progressing. I woke up late and did not put them on until 830am.

More to come.

b3245e13_P1050575.jpg
3e41976f_P1050578.jpg
0ac04329_P1050583.jpg
3e35e668_P1050584.jpg
44fc7bf7_P1050587.jpg

I am always looking at those Gator Pits here in Houston.  Good pits if you ask me and a good price too.

Thanks...just trying it out today for the first time. Keeps temp real well so far. 8 hours in Butts are at 150 degrees so far. I will post some more pics when they are ready to pull out. The Gator is my first offset smoker....well hell my first smoker outside of a bullet cheapo smoker.

Well I commiited the smoker sin...let the temp drop on a GATOR ...user error...and could not bring it temp back up.... I pulled the two butts at 160 and hung my head as I headed for the kitchen and popped them in the over to bring them to 200...I failed on my first smoke with the GATOR,,,,,,,, Its almost midnight in AZ. What a ROOKIE  

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky