pork butt sticks to cooking grate when taking it off the smoker??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't have the Q-matz yet, but gotta get some.  I do use cooking spray (Pam, etc.) on the grates, helps a lot with the meat sticking.

Red

Does anyone have any pics they can post of these sticking problems?  I'm curious now because I've never had anything even kinda seemed like it stuck to the grates, never...

On the MES I get a little Bark sticking but never leaves big chunks on the grates...JJ

I agree with AustinL as I have never had a problem of anything sticking to the grates.

How hot are you cooking these things at?  I've never had anything stick to the grates of my smoker.  As for the foil pans; if you do not cover them its been my experience that smoke will still get down there over a long cook.  The only down side to doing most of your cooking sitting in a pan would be the need to drain some of the fat drippings off, which could present a whole new set of problems if you are having problems with it falling apart while moving it.  If you only use a pan the last couple hours of cooking most of the dripping collected will not be too greasy too toss back in the meat, and it is a lot easier to pull the meat in the same pan you plan on serving/storing it in.
I smoked mine at 225 and let internal reach 205 and it stuck bad. Had fat side up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky