Pork butt ham help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have been trying to work the numbers out. But there’s so much information online you don’t know what’s right or wrong. And I know Dave has made a lot of hams. This is part of a science project we’re doing some for homeschooling.

Reactions: zwiller
So I have everything but STPP will that be a problem

STPP is an ingredient in almost all foods from bread to meats etc.....

Sodium Tripolyphosphate is used to increase the water binding capacity of your paste or muscle. What is does is slightly raise the pH of your meat, which increases its ability to hold water. This product is excellent for products where you want a lot of water in your paste, such as hot dogs, bologna, or any emulsion sausage. It works perfectly in brines as well, so your smoked meats will hold more water, and stay juicier longer.

As for no salt added stock, look around for it.... It's worth the time.....
Amazon Kitchen Basics Stocks

Well here is the ham. Thank you to everyone who helped us. Happy Easter

Attachments

• 911FE539-EB4C-4766-B350-969AC1D8AB65.jpeg
    911FE539-EB4C-4766-B350-969AC1D8AB65.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 322CAD8A-70FE-483F-820C-CA05C4EA48EB.jpeg
    322CAD8A-70FE-483F-820C-CA05C4EA48EB.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky