Pork butt for event 2 days later...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mayesman

Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
Kansas City, Kansas
Hey everyone . I smoke alot but usually for events same day. I need to smoke 4-5 butts on a Tuesday for an event on Thursday. How would you handle keeping the butt in the fridge?? Keep it whole and reheat in oven to temp then pull?? I've never had to cook a day or two ahead and want to get an idea how you all tackle this issue.

Thanks

Pull it or shred it the day of the smoke. It won't lose any flavor. Reheating can be done any number of ways. It all depends on what's available when you serve.

Chris

Smoke it, pull it, and put it into what ever you plan to reheat it with.

Add in some apple juice or what not the day of reheating, some people use proper finishing sauce, I like a splash of apple juice or mango :)

Reactions: 6GRILLZNTN
I am opposite of you, never eat what I smoke same day. I agree with the others. Smoke, pull (we chop), and fridge. I like to use a roaster oven for reheating. Keep temp low 160Fish. I inject so no need for finish sauces, but there are a few good ones here. Apple juice would also work, since it's my injection base. I serve ChefJJ's finishing sauce and Jeffs sauce on the side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky