Pork Breakfast Sausage, Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Didn't notice you were in Canada.  Yea, they make it tough to ship to Canada but every Mexican is more than welcome to bring his whole family across THAT border!  Go figure.

Yea, I was in the Navy in the '60's in subs.
Subs! My respect for you is increased. I did a very short stint on HMCS Rainbow in a relief position having no idea what I was doing. I developed a deep respect for submariners and a clear understanding that I was not cut out for that life.

I have done one with more sweetness and had the same problem with having to cook it at a lower temperature. When I try this again I am going to try 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and some maple extract trying to get the flavour without that overbrowning. I'll post how it turns out.
I added pure maple syrup as well...but what helps is the fry them a bit frozen 1/2 and covered  on medium for about 3/4 time this way it steams a bit and does not burn.  then remove the lid and fry on both sides quickly.  works great.

I added pure maple syrup as well...but what helps is the fry them a bit frozen 1/2 and covered  on medium for about 3/4 time this way it steams a bit and does not burn.  then remove the lid and fry on both sides quickly.  works great.
If I can talk She Who Must Be Obeyed into letting me try sweetened sausage again, I will try that. Thanks.

Subs! My respect for you is increased. I did a very short stint on HMCS Rainbow in a relief position having no idea what I was doing. I developed a deep respect for submariners and a clear understanding that I was not cut out for that life.
ha ha  ha.  Very funny!!!!  I do admit that we all had to be a little on the nuts side to do what we did!  Just ask my wife!!!  It was really an adventure that I wouldn't trade for anything.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky