Pork Belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First visit to Costco since wintering in Florida is this coming Saturday.
I hope to find some great meat deals.
Not holding my breath as pork is pricier here than home in Minnesota

First visit to Costco since wintering in Florida is this coming Saturday.
I hope to find some great meat deals.
Not holding my breath as pork is pricier here than home in Minnesota

Good luck with that seems our prices are always higher than what these guys talk about. I used to think yeah I need to go get some of that deal when they'd talk about it but of course when I did actually go to get the great buy it was never that cheap in the stores I went to. Seems we never get those great prices at Costco or Sam's heck we usually don't get them in any other stores either meat always seems to be higher.
What part of Florida are you in? I used to live in Crystal River in central FL on the west coast but am now up just northwest of Tallahassee.

Reactions: kit s
I'm waiting til it's back down or much closer to 2.99 at my local costco.

Good luck with that seems our prices are always higher than what these guys talk about. I used to think yeah I need to go get some of that deal when they'd talk about it but of course when I did actually go to get the great buy it was never that cheap in the stores I went to. Seems we never get those great prices at Costco or Sam's heck we usually don't get them in any other stores either meat always seems to be higher.
What part of Florida are you in? I used to live in Crystal River in central FL on the west coast but am now up just northwest of Tallahassee.
Ya go figure..or the store mentioned does not exist in my part of the world.

Running away from old man winter has its price!!!
We got here Sunday, the same day they 12" of snow and high winds at home.
I'll take the hit and I have no smoking equipment at present.

Good luck with that seems our prices are always higher than what these guys talk about.
Kissimmee
This is our first winter of birding so a learning experience.

Pleasant surprise at Orlando Costco yesterday.
Pork belly at $3.99/lb and many in the case
Took a photo for proof, but too blurry to read
Be another month before I can start on a curing and smoking project.

edit
Photo cleared up when I opened it in an editor to reduce the size
pork-belly.JPG

Last edited:
Up the road from you in Eustis, near Mt. Dora.
Have been looking just to the West of Tallahassee though or up on the Suwanee river.
Costco is too far from me as well.
Grocery store prices for meat are getting ridiculous now. We looked at a brisket last week and it was $72 !!

Up the road from you in Eustis, near Mt. Dora.
Have been looking just to the West of Tallahassee though or up on the Suwanee river.
Costco is too far from me as well.
Grocery store prices for meat are getting ridiculous now. We looked at a brisket last week and it was $72 !!

We're in the next county west of the one Tallahassee is in. It's still very rural here with lots of timber land. We have two large lakes and the Apalachicola River that are in or border the county. The Georgia state line is our northern border and the river our western border. It's very quiet just the way we like it.

We're in the next county west of the one Tallahassee is in. It's still very rural here with lots of timber land. We have two large lakes and the Apalachicola River that are in or border the county. The Georgia state line is our northern border and the river our western border. It's very quiet just the way we like it.
Have been looking in the Lake Talquin area for a year or so now. Next and final house will be on the Suwanee or a lake ....one way or the other!!

Have been looking in the Lake Talquin area for a year or so now. Next and final house will be on the Suwanee or a lake ....one way or the other!!

Yep Lake Talquin is one but that's actually the smaller one Lake Seminole is a lot bigger

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky