Pork Belly = Jamaican Sandwich + Fried Potato and Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Currently have a belly on to do this after reading this thread. Did mine in a honey habanero rub. Will go on Hawaiian sub buns as I'm not a bread maker haha. Pickled jalapenos, onion, lettuce, jerk sauce like you made. Excellent looking meal.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man you been putting up some great food David!

Thanks Brian for the comment

Just trying to add my cooks/smokes, with all the great foods being shown here ,
Been a little off my feed this week. Have not cooked a thing for a week now. Starting to feel better

Thanks Brian for saying so , though

David

Currently have a belly on to do this after reading this thread. Did mine in a honey habanero rub. Will go on Hawaiian sub buns as I'm not a bread maker haha. Pickled jalapenos, onion, lettuce, jerk sauce like you made. Excellent looking meal.

Thanks Teal for the like and the comment

Yours sounds real good also " Honey Habanero rub " sounds real good. Is it real hot or good flavor also.
Can't wait to see and hear how it came out

David

Dang what a great looking sammie I like any jerk food that I have ever tried and I'm real sure this would be no different.

Warren

Thanks Warren for the like and the comment

Yes the jerk mayo was a nice sauce for this even with all the other flavors. And you could taste them all in the bite. or should I say bites

David

Thanks for the like DRKsmoking I appreciate it.

That is something that so many do is ruin what they fixed by overpower the taste of what you're eating with spices.

Warren

Thanks Teal for the like and the comment

Yours sounds real good also " Honey Habanero rub " sounds real good. Is it real hot or good flavor also.
Can't wait to see and hear how it came out

David
It has a bit of heat and a lot of sweet. It turned out pretty good. The jerk sauce in the mayo was a big hit. I did find out if I tried to crisp the belly strips in the pan too far the rub would burn off and literally have zero flavor. A few nights later we did jerk chicken with the remaining jerk sauce. Good week!

It has a bit of heat and a lot of sweet. It turned out pretty good. The jerk sauce in the mayo was a big hit. I did find out if I tried to crisp the belly strips in the pan too far the rub would burn off and literally have zero flavor. A few nights later we did jerk chicken with the remaining jerk sauce. Good week!

I like the blend of the Jerk and Mayo , and nothing wrong with a lot of days of Jerk food.

When we got married in Jamaica I had The cooks Jerk chicken everyday at 2pm
that's when she opened the kitchen as that's when it was ready. We were there for 10 days

Did I say I love Jerk flavors :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky