Pork Belly Burnt Ends - First try!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
Hello

I tried some pork belly burnt ends today. They turned out really good. If I had do change anything, I would probably hit with a little more sugar and other flavors while braising and also taken them a little longer to get a tad more tender. Total cook time was about 4.5 hours.

I picked up a slab or pork belly, tad under 8lbs, from Costco. I only smoked about a third of the slab today. Cubed it, hit it with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub, and then put it on a rack.

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

Went on the Traeger set at 275* around I used apple pellets today.

IMG_0918.JPG

Around 3:15 PM, I pulled them off and put them into a foil pan. Added some butter, brown sugar, a tad of juice, and a little honey. Covered in foil and back on to braise.

IMG_0922.JPG

Around 5:00 PM, I moved the chunks into a fresh pan and added some BBQ suace. Used up some Mauls with some juice mixed in. After about 15 minutes to let the suace set, I pulled them off.

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

Reactions: gmc2003
You had a busy day on the smoker!
I’ve never done bellies but you made them look worth it!

Simply marvelous, I need to get a pork belly. I've only made BE's using chuck, and yours look so much better.

Point for sure.
Chris

Simply marvelous, I need to get a pork belly. I've only made BE's using chuck, and yours look so much better.

Point for sure.
Chris

Thanks Chris. I had been wanting to try pork belly for some time, and I'm glad I finally did. A really tasty treat. Chuck roast burnt ends are great too...the pork belly is now a great alternative flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky