Pork Belly Braid

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bvbull200

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
North Richland Hills, Texas
I have to thank wbf610 wbf610 , whom I know well through an automotive forum, for making this suggestion on what to do with some leftover pork belly. I think he got the idea from here in the first place!

At any rate, I had about half of a pork belly left from a cook the day before. I took half of that and made three strips:

rEYPjho.jpg

Each strip was rubbed with a savory rub, then braided together with the loose end tied together. The remaining belly was coated heavily with brown sugar, then topped with coarse grind black pepper:

2QrLfFr.jpg

In to the UDS they both went. The braid was hung from the top rack. Cherry wood was the smoke of the day:

zTEENGv.jpg

The slab after a quick sear:

9eBgwXA.jpg

The finished braid:

vjSZ5IO.jpg

And a look at the inside:

GDaq1pO.jpg

This is a great alternative to pork belly burnt ends that presents really well. I'll definitely be adding to the rotation going forward!

That sure does look good, and if you have a daughter she'll be asking you every morning to do her hair after seeing what you did to that PB.

Point for sure

Chris

That sure does look good, and if you have a daughter she'll be asking you every morning to do her hair after seeing what you did to that PB.

Point for sure

Chris

I have two daughters! The oldest said the same thing. "It's like braiding my hair!" Only problem is, I can mask a messy braid with some rub and smoke when it is pork belly. Her hair, not so much. :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: gmc2003
I have two daughters! The oldest said the same thing. "It's like braiding my hair!" Only problem is, I can mask a messy braid with some rub and smoke when it is pork belly. Her hair, not so much. :emoji_laughing:

Looks Mighty Tasty, Bull !!
LOL--You're probably right about the daughters not wanting Rub & Smoke in their hair.
Nice Job on those Belly pieces!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: bvbull200
I have to thank wbf610 wbf610 , whom I know well through an automotive forum, for making this suggestion on what to do with some leftover pork belly. I think he got the idea from here in the first place!

At any rate, I had about half of a pork belly left from a cook the day before. I took half of that and made three strips:

rEYPjho.jpg

Each strip was rubbed with a savory rub, then braided together with the loose end tied together. The remaining belly was coated heavily with brown sugar, then topped with coarse grind black pepper:

2QrLfFr.jpg

In to the UDS they both went. The braid was hung from the top rack. Cherry wood was the smoke of the day:

zTEENGv.jpg

The slab after a quick sear:

9eBgwXA.jpg

The finished braid:

vjSZ5IO.jpg

And a look at the inside:

GDaq1pO.jpg

This is a great alternative to pork belly burnt ends that presents really well. I'll definitely be adding to the rotation going forward!
Looks good. The idea was, in fact, from here. I’ll search to see if i can find the original post about it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky