Pops vs Dry cure taste test

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Robert H

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 29, 2017
Hi all
I was in the mood for bacon and eggs this morning so decided to do a side by side taste test of two batches of bacon I have done recently. I fried up one small package that was done in pops brine and one that was done using a dry cure. So, fried up the pops first, then the dry cure and had the wife try both and then I sampled both. The results of this very scientific, in depth taste study concluded that we both liked the dry cured bacon just a little more. In the pic, the pops bacon is at the rear and dry cure at front. So, since the tasting was done, I proceeded to make a bacon and egg sandwich piled with bacon from both groups and it was outstanding. I should have taken more pics, I know.
There is always next time. I will submit some back bacon pics later this afternoon as I have two whole loins in the smoker now that were done with pops brine lite.
20200216_122053.jpg

Our sympathies go out to you and your wife, my wife and I just had gone through the same agony...bacon taste testing! :emoji_laughing: your bacon looks great.

Good job
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky