• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pops vs Dry cure taste test

Robert H

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 29, 2017
Hi all
I was in the mood for bacon and eggs this morning so decided to do a side by side taste test of two batches of bacon I have done recently. I fried up one small package that was done in pops brine and one that was done using a dry cure. So, fried up the pops first, then the dry cure and had the wife try both and then I sampled both. The results of this very scientific, in depth taste study concluded that we both liked the dry cured bacon just a little more. In the pic, the pops bacon is at the rear and dry cure at front. So, since the tasting was done, I proceeded to make a bacon and egg sandwich piled with bacon from both groups and it was outstanding. I should have taken more pics, I know.
There is always next time. I will submit some back bacon pics later this afternoon as I have two whole loins in the smoker now that were done with pops brine lite.
20200216_122053.jpg

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
now i'm hungry, that's some good looking bacon. it's hell doing scientific research but someone has to do it.

Brokenhandle

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Our sympathies go out to you and your wife, my wife and I just had gone through the same agony...bacon taste testing! :emoji_laughing: your bacon looks great.

Good job
Ryan

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.