Pops brined / deepfried / bone in chicken thighs .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
I put the thighs in Pop's brine minus the brown sugar but added 1/2 cup of salt free cajun seasoning . 

In the brine 6 days . 

SV 154.5 for 3 hours . 

Pulled out of sv dried off . I used Louisianna chicken fry coating . Its a wet paste then dry mix  to cover the paste . 

Into deep fryer until I liked the color . 

These are so good . That cured chicken has me hooked . I only sv /  fried 2 as a test . The rest went on the weber . Should have fried them all . 

Best chicken I ever made in 6 days , 3 hours and 15 minutes . 

Fresh out of the bath 

Fresh out of the fryer ( forgot to get the dredge pic )

Kind of blurry , but was all I could do to stop eating long enough to take a picture . 

My son called it " What that chicken ever do to you  ? " chicken . 

Involved but worth it for me .   

Chop 

Nice do on the yard-bird....  I'd eat it.....  
icon14.gif

I've got some chicken legs in the freezer ready for sous vide.  I didn't brine them though, was going to do 155 for 3 hrs, then bread and deep fry.  Your's looks delicious!

I've got some chicken legs in the freezer ready for sous vide.  I didn't brine them though, was going to do 155 for 3 hrs, then bread and deep fry.  Your's looks delicious!
I did it last week no brine . Very good also . 

I love old posts! That chicken looks great! I've heard of having to wait for chicken but... Lol! I can be there in 6 days!

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky