Poppers, here I go again....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Well today was a brisket day. I got up and lit the smoker at 5:00am and put the brisket on. Planning on a crowd so I decided to do my jalapeno poppers again for an appetizer, just more of them. The shrimp stuffed ones are good, but I have a nephew who doesn't eat anything that doesn't walk on at least two legs. SO, I decided to do the shrimp ones that I posted about in another thread and some stuffed with steak. I was wanting to do something a little different and I had an extra grilled ribeye from another cook so guess what the guest of honor was?

Here they are. Cream cheese with homemade rub mixed in, stuffed in the peppers. Then the steak in some and shrimp in some.
20210424_111223.jpg

Here's what I think is the "different" part. I took some of the fat from trimming the brisket and rendered it down in my "expensive" Copper Chef sauté pan.
20210424_111333.jpg

Onions added for a few minutes just until starting to soften and some coarse salt and fresh ground pepper added..
20210424_111452.jpg

Placed a couple of slices on the steak, but none on the shrimp..
20210424_112258.jpg

All bacon wrapped and ready for the smoker. The steak poppers were seasoned with a standard rub and the shrimp were dusted with J.O.'s #1 this time (not pictured)..
20210424_115158.jpg

On the smoker after I had pulled the brisket. Still some more time before pulling and broiling for a couple of minutes. Three toothpicks are the steak ones.
20210424_180447.jpg

Here's a picture of the brisket and the burnt ends just because. They were the stars of the show today along with burnt ends. The burnt ends were fairly standard, seasoned with a Kansas City rub and Stubbs Sweet Heat sauce....
20210424_183152.jpg

Clean plates, no leftovers, and smiling faces all around. Might just try this again as they say practice makes perfect.....

Boy howdy does that ever look great, Like! I never get to make poppers, just me and the wife, she won't eat them. RAY

Man it all looks delicious! No wonder why everyone was smiling!

Ryan

Now that looks like a nice feast ! The poppers and burnt ends look extra great !
Thank you. I was told that I have to do them every time I smoke a brisket now.
Looks great, nice spread. Nice touch with the burnt ends
Doing the same tomorrow, poppers and beef ribs and chicken wings
David
Thank you and I know y'all will enjoy your cook.
Nice spin on the poppers. Look great
Thank you, Jeff. In past years when I've done poppers, I always added raw onion. I had the fat so just decided to do something a little different.
Boy howdy does that ever look great, Like! I never get to make poppers, just me and the wife, she won't eat them. RAY
I'll admit that until recently, I hadn't made them in a while. Reading some of the threads on here made me ask myself "Why not?"
Man it all looks delicious! No wonder why everyone was smiling!

Ryan
Thank you, Ryan. The only thing left was some brisket which I carried to a new neighbor who has some physical limitations.
Man a love abt's and those look over the top good! Think I will do some more shrimp today. Thanks.
Thank you, Brian.

Didn't get a picture, but the rest of the meal was fresh corn on the cob, homemade mac-and-cheese (probably should call it cheese-and-mac because I load it up), fresh string beans with gold potatoes, homemade coleslaw, and garlic bread.

And a big shout out to thirdeye thirdeye because I got the jalapeno boat idea from him....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky