Poblano cheddar stuffed chicken breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
First thing is to get those big breasts. The. Make a slit and open up a pocket for the goodies.
FE3B5D58-BF80-407F-930F-3F68B12F17C5.jpeg

Then season with your favorite rub, and then fill the hole will crumpled up foil so as to keep the hole open. Put the breasts on the smoker at 300-325* for maybe 15-20 min to set the shape of the pocket in the chicken breast.
44CB9BD9-CE8B-4240-AE14-340CB27C6E5D.jpeg

372C0792-4FBD-4698-A3F2-CC00C145E69A.jpeg

Then remove the foil and fill the pocket with roasted poblano pepper and sharp cheddar cheese. Mix with that one egg and and some rough chop garlic.
4A6312BC-0847-4A7C-A69A-A0D77F15B8D6.jpeg

sorry lost track, but then top that with more sharp cheddar cheese and cook until done. IT 165*
41A7C9B7-FE07-49DC-8671-F475D6AC56BD.jpeg

2DA64D49-75A6-4A08-B145-C4113990F9C8.jpeg

Finish with Spanish rice and enjoy.
BD427003-18D0-48C9-94B5-7FF1A9941914.jpeg

BEDE0E44-DE44-4ECC-B28B-4760141D072C.jpeg

8B62C8FD-B78A-42F6-AEBE-7BE37DC61696.jpeg

Wow! I'm really impressed! Great choice of filling and unlimited possibilities. I can see Ham and Gruyere for Cordon Bleu or Bacon and Pimento Cheese, right off. Filled with a Crab Cake stuffing! Oh Man, that would be amazing...JJ

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Wow! I'm really impressed! Great choice of filling and unlimited possibilities. I can see Ham and Gruyere for Cordon Bleu or Bacon and Pimento Cheese, right off. Filled with a Crab Cake stuffing! Oh Man, that would be amazing...JJ
Absolutely Chef JJ. This has endless possibilities. Go for it. I’m only putting the idea out there of what I have done. Your imagination can take this where ever.

Funny how we can get set in our ways. Ive made hundreds of stuffed Chicken Breasts. Butterflied, Side Pocket cut, Pounded, Rolled and Tied. But I have never seen this technique of yours! It is so creative and exciting. Thanks...JJ

Ok and something else has been added to my "gotta try" list. That is some good looking chicken. and the variety of stuff you can stuff it with is unlimited. Looks darn good.

Jim

That's a plate any man would be thrilled to sit down to, some first class work done there, Like! RAY

Last edited:
That looks absolutely incredible!! Excellent, excellent job all around. Very creative way to gt the chicken to maintain it's form. I do stuffed pork chops once in a while and I just learned a new trick from you. Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Thank you JJ. Not often a common guy inspires a Chef with food, but I’m happy for it, and can’t wait to see you‘re creation.
Ok and something else has been added to my "gotta try" list. That is some good looking chicken. and the variety of stuff you can stuff it with is unlimited. Looks darn good.

Jim
Thank you, Jim
About all I can say is WOW!!
Al
Thank you, Al
Definitely borrowing this idea! Looks great!
Thank you, Charlie
That's a plate any man would be thrilled to sit down to, some forst class work done there, Like! RAY
You are very kind, thank you Ray.
That looks outstanding! Must confess. .am stealing the foil idea. As said before the filling choices are endless.
Thank you
wow killer cook! I like the technique! Big Like!
Thank you.
That's just awesome! Great idea!

Ryan
Thank you.
That looks absolutely incredible!! Excellent, excellent job all around. Very creative way to gt the chicken to maintain it's form. I do stuffed pork chops once in a while and I just learned a new trick from you. Thanks for sharing.

Robert
Thank you Robert, let me know how those chops come out.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky