Pneumonia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hoping the best for you.
I haven't smoked any mentioned products in nearing 40 years.
I do have a addiction to dipping tobacco.
I had pneumonia 8 years ago and it didn't land me in the hospital, but took almost 6 months to recover. I got it about the same time frame as you and cold Minnesota winters didn't help with recovery. I wore a mask all winter long as the cold air really seared
Sorry to give the bad side, but it really sucks.

Alan, hoping for a quick recovery. Used to get bronchitis and/or pneumonia almost every year for about a decade. Luckily, I never smoked tobacco (plenty of weed in my blue period), so always able to recover pretty well. For me it was just overwork/stress … Not a single bout in the last 15 years or so since slowing down.

Shortly after getting married, my wife had a persistent cough and we made a pact and quit cold turkey - her cigarettes and my weed. The only hard part for me was flushing a half-pound and giving away my beautiful bong collection 🤪

Prayers sent for a full recovery, was smoking 3-5 pack a day when I quit 21-22 years ago, knew I would end up with cancer as bad as it runs in my family, it was rough but my wife didn't kill me while I was withdrawing.

Hoping the best for you. I smoked for 25 years. Quit 22 years ago. Haven't done weed in almost 40 years. But before that! I was a chimney!

Sure do hope you have a full recovery.
I've been smoking since I as 16. Being as how I was born in the first half of the last century, that's a LONG time. Gotta admit it's too long. A few years back, I cut back from 3 packs a day to 2. I've had bronchitis twice, but thankfully never pneumonia. Finally got a pneumonia shot last year and it seems to be working--on my bronchitis too.
God knows I sure don't recommend anybody start smoking.
Gary

What kinda turned me to quit is one year myself and 2 friends, we were up to Tobin Lake on our Annual fishing trip. We would go out for the nite bite about 6 Pm and fish until about 1 -2 Am. We all 3 smoked and we had 4 pks of cigarettes in the boat. When we got back to the cabin we had a half pack of smokes left. A buddy said, wow if we don't get cancer after this, we never will. When we got back to ND, called my Dr. for a prescription of Chantix and that was that.
Normally a little over a pk / day for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky