Please Join Me In Boycotting china imports

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coyote

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Please join me in boycotting China imports from JUN 4 TO JUL 4, 2008. It appears that their seafood comes from contaminated water . and just wait till they start sending Lump charcoal, I can only imagine that it will be made from all the recalled lead base painted wood toys and what ever (You no play with lead paint toy?we burn it send it back as lump.use on ECB made in china also painted with lead and so on. Please check the country of origin for all of the products you purchase, including your food products in particular. Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC', simply choose another product or none at all.

Additional details: You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese
products, however you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.
Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real
ones and benefit some American farmer. Don't wait for the government to act.
Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods,
that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!! The
downside? Some American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from
having foreign stockpiles of inventory. ** Downside ?? I can't think of any.

The solution ? It will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports.

Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

I totally agree and have already made myself and family aware, started this about a year ago. The main reason I dispise Walmart! If it wasn't for china, indonesia,and Japan, that company would not exsist!

I have dispised themever since they moved to our town. 45 check outs three open. all the little mom and pop places shut down I realy enjoyed those mom and pops places real neat old stuff and hard to find made in USA things. the parking lot! what a mess..and made in china..most mail order places I use and my friend that use them. there is supposed to be a header on my info.DO NOT SEND ITEMS MADE IN CHINA.if they do they will send a will call from ups and take it back..

It's rare for me to get baited or hooked into a political debate.

Especially when my disdain for all things Walmart are well known (and the people that think Walmart is bad, yet love Sam's Club)

But I think the term "arrogance and lawlessness" is a bit,,, misguided.

In what other country do you know where when they find the culprit, they execute them? The laws are there, some people just abuse them, just like in this country (go fish in your local stream and see how much people/companies/farmers pay attention pollution laws)

And it is arrogant of the US to beleive that the rest of the world should view things through our eyes.

Remember how we thought the Iraqi's wanted our democracy? Guess what. They don't.

Now I don't want to start a flame war, but these type of posts are the stuff I get in my Spam email almost daily. The fact is, the US consumer insists on low cost, at any cost. These countries are just filling demand, plain and simple.

Hope this doesnt light a fire!

Thanks Coyote, I always read the labels.

I agree with both Willkat and Coyote. The key in my opinion is to reduce demand. I think most of you know how I feel about Walmart (how many of you are aware that Walmart's main purchasing offices are in Beijing China..for real).

I would caution all to be careful around this topic though. I think I recall a similar thread about a year ago that caused quite an emotional ruckus and was eventually locked down.

Unfortunately, this post too should be locked down. Regardless of your views (I do not patronize Wal-Mart), you will, or already have offended someone somewhere. This forum seems to be polite and courteous toward each other, and I would hate for that to change. These posts are better suited for political forums. If the moderator would like to create a forum for politics and religion, then we can fire away there. But I much prefer the general banter on this site.

That being said...

I have an earful for you all when the new forum does arrive!
wink.gif

Agreed, this sort of topic would best be placed in a "by request only" type forum where people only go when in the mood for serious debate.

I must also agree with the statement that I hilighted in red above. That statement does however raise another question in my mind. My question is "Just how far can we as a people or society go in order to avoid hurting someone else's feelings?"

I mean, it seems as though the only way to do that is through total inaction and the voicing of absolutely no opinions whatsoever. The problem I see with that is that all great things begin through actions and the voicing of opinions I mean, if it weren't for the voicing of offensive opinions we would most likely never have become a free nation.

Yup , good points made in all the posts
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

But , for sure a thread that is all but guarenteed to require moderator intervention probably sooner than later.
As much as I agree with the princible of the OP , this thread has the potential of putting a
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
on the friendly forum we have here. No need for that IMHO.

I'll even make a point of not including my pic of Homer Simpson bending over and saying china can KMA
icon_smile.gif

Pm if you want the pic
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
Just doesn't belong here.

what smokieokie said above is 100 percent correct. whether we agree or disagree with this thread is not of consequence. what is important are we big enuff as individuals to recognize the freedoms we have and realize that this is what gives us the right to worship as we please, voice our opinions, and enjoy the other freedoms we have which most probably take for granted. my .02 thks

Religion and Politics belong in another place.

I do feel the same. It is much more of an issue than just a boycott.

Let's get to smokin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I very much agree with voicing opinions, offensive or not. I just think that opinions need to be expressed in the proper forum (not meaning internet). It makes little sense, or impact, if we preach abortion rights to the confectioners convention. And political issues are best raised during a political rally or to your congressmen.

We are a group of people who come together on this forum primarily for the love of food- specifically smoked food. It WOULD be appropriate to raise the issue of salmonella in tomatoes, and don't buy tomatoes from XYZ company cause they could be tainted. It might also be appropriate to ask for a boycott of Zing-Dong brand thermometers (regardless of where they are made) because you got a bunch of junk units.

As I said, I'll flame on and blast away at politics any time any of you wish... in the proper forum. And in my opinion, this is just not the proper place. I want you guys to talk to me about good grub, and maybe offer an occasional tip on smokers, probes, rubs, brines, or even crack a joke or two.

in the words of the great southern comic Jerry Clower : " I aint afraid of those people from china, I seen the head man the other day from there and he wont but about three and a half feet tall, we could run them out with a pine bough, we would'nt even need a gun "

PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Walmart and sam's club are the same exact company, I use neither one. I would rather pay more for american made, preferably made in USA.

This is "general discussion" forum, that seems to sum it up for me!
Hope it doesn't get locked out. Seems like too much political correctness is ruining the common sense of our nation these days. I would think that a civil discussion about Chineese imports on a "general discussion" forum would be permitted, as long as it remained civil.

Now that makes sense too! Golly, so many different opinions that I can agree with.

One quick question though Dan, If you don't use Sam's, where did you get your gas grill?
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
icon_smile.gif

Truly speaking though, as one who does attempt to boycott Chinese goods, It's darn near impossible to totally boycott all Chinese goods altogether.

On the light side, I was looking at a cheap imported hamburger turner spatula) yesterday and when I saw the words "Made in Japan" on the back, I was forced to ask the Okette "Remember when that meant cheap goods?"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky