Plate short rib sources?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Odysseus

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 15, 2019
Arkansas
Where do y'all buy your 123a plate short ribs? Local butcher shops want $12.99/lb. Is there a better way?

Is 1st order over $35/free shipping still at Wild Fork? That price is really good.
Not sure though I had to slap myself and empty my 108 dollar cart LOL. I was gonna get some angus plates, and one of those boneless turkey roasts and some flank steak for fajitas LOL. Like Amazon fkin crack dealers lol

Thanks for all the replies. Prices look pretty good on Wild Fork.

WF also has Black Angus choice plate ribs that are 20 cents/pound more than their Prime (which is not certified Black Angus), but I'm wondering if choice wouldn't be better for smoking just due to the sheer amount of fat in the prime (the photos of their prime cross section cuts look to be about 60% fat/40% muscle).

Reactions: negolien
I get them at my local Hannafords ( ME, NH, VT, MA and NY) chain grocery store. Today they are $9.79 lb. Like negolien said you have to ask for them. I usually ask them to bring out a few packs so I can choose which ones look the best. They also have TriTip steak.

Thanks for all the replies. Prices look pretty good on Wild Fork.

WF also has Black Angus choice plate ribs that are 20 cents/pound more than their Prime (which is not certified Black Angus), but I'm wondering if choice wouldn't be better for smoking just due to the sheer amount of fat in the prime (the photos of their prime cross section cuts look to be about 60% fat/40% muscle).
Yeah hard to say.. I was tempted to get some to but their price variance from cart to payment made me uncomfortable. Plenty of people use the company though so more a me problem i think

I get them at my local Hannafords ( ME, NH, VT, MA and NY) chain grocery store. Today they are $9.79 lb. Like negolien said you have to ask for them. I usually ask them to bring out a few packs so I can choose which ones look the best. They also have TriTip steak.

Every time I visit my son in NH to see if they put TT on sale, will now have to check out the dino ribs there as well.

Reactions: negolien
No, short ribs got put on hold til after Thanksgiving. Gonna be smoking a turkey tomorrow.

Cool, Where'd you get your turkey? I was gonna do a bone in breast and a smaller turkey roast I got from wildforks.. Sadly my shifts turned into 13 days straight and the last 5 are 12 hour shifts lol including turkey day. I just got a pre cooked yardbird from safeway and i will cook the small boneless roast in the oven i guess. let us know how it went pics too please :<) I eneded up getting some of them prime plate ribs from wildfork little small but they look good and are prime.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky