planning in smoking 2 pork loins friday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

onewickedco

Original poster
May 16, 2012
FRACKVILLE , PENNSYLVANIA
I was unable to get near my smoker for the last year . We just had a son so finding the time for my smoking wasnt there. Now im looking to hit the ground running i have my marinate and rub i want to use gonna look for internal temp of 145. Any suggestions on what to put in water pan besides water?

Congratulations on your son!

I don't put anything in the water pan. I prefer the dry chamber at a bit hotter temperature (275) for my cooks now.

I just got done with a double loin smoke.  Didn't use water and it was great.  I put pine apple slices on the top then put a layer of bacon on that.

I pulled mine out at 140 then wrapped in foil for a half hour.  The IT raised to 145 and it was super juicy.

Mine took around 3 hours at 250ish.

I run a dry smoker too. I have however put sand in my water pan to increase the thermal mass in my smoker. I smoke in all kinds of weather, wind, rain temps below freezing. So having that additional thermal mass helps with the temp swings. Especially when adding lots of meat (cold thermal mass) to the smoker. The sand filled water pan helps with the recovery time. IF you do fill yours with sand, grael, bricks or whatever, cover with foil for easier clean up! Good luck with your smoke and post some Q-view so you don't get this

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif
worthless.gif

thanks for  the tips i amd going to not use water pan,   i just marinated them placed them in fridge now just waiting like a kid at christmas,, ill put up pics when its finished

Sounds like you got some excellent advice above!

Pork loins are done at 145, so be careful not to overcook!

Good luck and don't forget the Q-View!

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky