PK Pro 100 Smoker Enclosure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

STxbarbecueman

Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
Hi everyone, I took the plunge and ordered a PK Pro 100 smoker. I am thrilled about getting this smoker but in the meantime I need to build a wooden cabinet for the smoker to protect it from the elements. I live on a salt water bay and all of my grills and bbq pits end up rusting so I thought I would build a closet for the smoker to keep it from rusting out so fast.

I need to know if the 48" height described in the online specs includes the electronic box on top of the smoker as well as the casters. Basically, I need to know how high to make the enclosure so that it will fit right inside.

Thanks in advance for info.

Not much for manuals on the ProSmoker website, is there? If you're a customer, call them. Sending you an installation control drawing is the least they can do.
Then again, is there a downside to building your structure 12" taller? If you're in a marine climate, keeping an open sack of charcoal as a desiccant on the top may not be a bad idea. Most of that smoker is stainless, but I'll bet there's plenty of internal support hardware, hinge pins, etc that could still rust out on you.

Reactions: STxbarbecueman
Wow, nice looking smoker. All stainless steel, both inside and out. That will go along way to minimize rust. As far as an enclosure I’d approach the build that bigger is better. Nobody has ever complained that their garage or garden shed build was too big. Extra space always seems to get filled up as storage.

Yes, good point. I just wanted to minimize the foot print that it is going to take on my back porch. It wouldn't hurt to have some storage for sawdust bags, drip pans and a few other things in there. I was just thinking of making it as small as possible so that it wouldn't take up much space on my patio. I've got to rethink this project.

I think I get it...

Guest: What in the hell is that huge wooden box on your porch?
Me: That protects the smoker that made the sausage that you're eating.
Guest: It's the best I've ever had. I can't get enough of that sausage.
Me: That's what she said.

Reactions: Murray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky