Pizza Stone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shamong9

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Shamong, NJ
I have a Pizza stone and was thinking about trying it out in my MES. My family loves pizza, has anyone tried something along these lines. If so want time and temp? 

Pizza has to cook hot.. Like in the 375 to 500 range. You are planning on cooking raw dough with sauce, cheese, etc., right? The thing is, you have to get that dough baked before the sauce soaks into it..

when we had a "heat wave" up here in the great pacific NW, I fired up my propane grill with the pizza stone on it. Got that sucker up around 500-550, like the "real" pizza ovens and they were awesome!  Invest in a good oven therm. or extra fun-infra red gun (on sale now @ thermoworks). Dont try to make giant pizzas- go for 10-12" diameter and since it's so hot, they cook quick so it's a mini-assembly line.  I'm thinking I need a second stone, or just go back to the old tile system I used to use in my oven.

I have a Pizza stone and was thinking about trying it out in my MES. My family loves pizza, has anyone tried something along these lines. If so want time and temp? 
Just go up top and enter pizza in the search line. You will find lots of pizza posts

Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky