Pizza on the MB Gravity 1050 - This is the way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks cool as heck. One thing I wish about the 1050 is that it was more portable. Its a big heavy SOB. My cabinet gasser was easy to pick up and move around and I could get a ton of meat in it. We camp multipke times a year and the smoker always came with us.
It is made 2 washing machine tubs. Bottom half serves as a burn pit. I can PM you more photos if interested. I won't hijack your thread.

Reactions: smokewaggin
Do you mind indicating about how long the pizza was on the stone? Just wondering how long it takes to cook on the 1050. I've seen the videos for those backyard pizza ovens that reach something like 900F and can cook a pizza in about a minute.

Do you mind indicating about how long the pizza was on the stone? Just wondering how long it takes to cook on the 1050. I've seen the videos for those backyard pizza ovens that reach something like 900F and can cook a pizza in about a minute.
If I had to guess It was less than 10 minutes. I didn't time it, but I will next time. I've also got a infrared thermometer to check stone temp, and a pizza peel for my next go. If you were doing a thinner crust it would cook quicker. I prefer thin crusts but my wife and kids like it thicker so that's what we normally have.

Next cook i am going to try raising it to 700. Like you I've heard that wood fired pizza ovens get real hot and cook pizzas real quick. I was trying to play it a bit safer with my first try, epecially since I had guests. I will also probably run straight lump instead of a mix. I've heard it will burn hotter. Which is what I want.

Looks great and I also need a stone !
I kinda feel like a bit of a donkey for waiting so long to get one. I'll never cook a pizza without one again. Grill/oven/smoker. It'll get put on a stone.

Bonus is my wife makes home made bread and it makes some fantastic crust. She made a sourdough for me last night and it was perfect. Her sourdough has always been really good, but something about it being on a stone kicked it up a bit. I didn't even know she baked it on a stone until I asked her what she did differently.

Reactions: bill1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky