Pitts & Spitts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Eric-
Here's the Feedback I wanted to post on Sunday and alas no forum ...

The up right smoke box runs about 80-100° cooler than the main cook chamber.
If you do a lot of sides it's worth it to keep them warm.
Also good for smoking cheese, jerky, etc.

Downside is it takes a lot more more room to store

No upright smoke box, but I do have a Pitts and Spitts Maverick 2000 and I may be able to help answer any questions you may have about the cooker itself.

Eric-
Here's the Feedback I wanted to post on Sunday and alas no forum ...

The up right smoke box runs about 80-100° cooler than the main cook chamber.
If you do a lot of sides it's worth it to keep them warm.
Also good for smoking cheese, jerky, etc.

Downside is it takes a lot more more room to store

awesome, thanks so much for getting back! Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I was thinking cheese, Jeremy, etc. cheers!

No upright smoke box, but I do have a Pitts and Spitts Maverick 2000 and I may be able to help answer any questions you may have about the cooker itself.

excellent, I’ll probably have several as I go, much appreciated!
Is the ‘trap door’ for emptying the pellets standard? I like to change the wood depending on the cook.
Thanks!

Aneura,
Yes the pellet clean out chute and the larger heavy duty wheel upgrade are now standard. My cooker is equipped with the lower modular grating system, Trap door drip pan, wheel upgrade, WIFI Module and insulated blanket for cold weather cooks. I am very happy with my purchase. If you have any further questions let me know

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky