Pitfaced BBQ Stuffed Pork Loin!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KrisUpInSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 1, 2018
Western Pennsylvania
In addition to the traditional ham and kielbasa this Easter, I made bacon wrapped, Pitfaced BBQ Meat Massage cornbread and sausage stuffing stuffed pork loins.

I was lucky enough to win this rub, put up by bvbull200 bvbull200 for the October Throwdown.
20190420_161006.jpg

I was waiting for a good time to do something special with the rub. Now I want to put it on everything! It's fantastic! It's has a hearty texture, with a perfectly balanced smokey, sweet, spice flavor. There's something unique in there too that I don't think I've had in a rub before. Can't put my finger on it and it's delicious.
20190420_161118.jpg

Ingredients:
2 2.5 lb. pork loins
Pitfaced BBQ Meat Massage, as needed to rub
12-14 slices uncooked bacon

Brine:
1 gallon (16 cups) water
1 cup table salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Heat 8 cups water, stir and dissolve salt and sugar. Add pepper flakes if you like. Mix in other 8 cups water to cool faster. When cool, add already cut pork loins and brine 5 hours.

Stuffing Ingredients:
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/3 cup diced celery
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup bacon fat
4 tsp Pitfaced BBQ Meat Massage
1 lb regular pork breakfast sausage
3 cups low or no sodium chicken stock (or broth) + 3 tbsp butter
2 6oz boxes of cornbread stuffing mix

I began by removing the fat and cutting the prk loins flat. Using a boning knife, I cut as if unrolling and made slits where the meat was too thick.
20190420_111604.jpg

20190420_111746.jpg

20190420_111837.jpg

20190420_112028.jpg

From here, the loins went into a brine for 5 hours.
20190420_172245.jpg

For the stuffing, I started by sauteing onion and celery in butter, bacon fat and Pitfaced Meat Massage. (No salt, pepper or other seasoning. Also, there's salt in the butter, rub, sausage, stuffing mix, chicken stock, and in the bacon. I recomend low or no sodium chicken stock/broth to keep it from getting too salty.) The extra butter and bacon fat were intended to keep the stuffing moist so it would not suck the moisture out of the loin. In the same pot, I added and cooked breakfast sausage. Did not drain the sausage fat, again to keep it moist. Then added chicken stock and another 3 tbsp of butter and brought it to a boil. Turned off the heat and stirred in cornbread stuffing mix. After 5 minutes, I spread it out on a tray to cool faster.
20190420_164551.jpg

Once the stuffing cooled and before I could eat it all... it was so good.....I laid plastic wrap on the back of a baking sheet, rubbed the outside of the loins with Pitfaced Meat Massage, laid rub side down on 6 or 7 slices of bacon and put a layer of stuffing. Use half of the stuffing on each pork loin. Then rolled it up in plastic wrap to chill in the fridge overnight.
20190422_132113.jpg

20190422_141407.jpg

20190422_141427.jpg

On Easter day, these beauties went onto a 250° smoker with pecan wood for about 3 hours.
20190421_100307.jpg

I pulled them at around 155° IT because they were stuffed. They went under the broiler for 10 minutes to crisp the bacon a little more. They stayed in a 175° oven to keep warm until dinner.
20190421_150831.jpg

20190421_150834.jpg

My thirteen dinner guests loved and devoured this! It was awesome!
20190422_151308.jpg

The flavor of the Pitfaced Meat Massage got stellar reviews. I can't just save this for special occasions. I have to have it again soon. Can't wait to try the Pitfaced rub on other things, like ribs, too! This is going to be a delicious summer!

Thanks for looking!

looks and sounds great Kris, was looking forward to the results.

Looks wonderful and nice write-up Kris

Point for sure
Chris

This looks amazing. Sort of like a different take on porchetta. I imagine this didn't last long on the cutting board!

Yes this looks great. Very nice job. I need to try this recipe.

KrisUpInSmoke Thanks so much for your king words that's the thing about this forum we are all here to help and praise.
Maybe we will see you at the Pa Gathering at pc farmers in Sept.

Warren

Very impressive. Nice work!

Thanks for sharing. I get so many fantastic techniques from this forum.

In addition to the traditional ham and kielbasa this Easter, I made bacon wrapped, Pitfaced BBQ Meat Massage cornbread and sausage stuffing stuffed pork loins.

I was lucky enough to win this rub, put up by bvbull200 bvbull200 for the October Throwdown.
View attachment 393901

I was waiting for a good time to do something special with the rub. Now I want to put it on everything! It's fantastic! It's has a hearty texture, with a perfectly balanced smokey, sweet, spice flavor. There's something unique in there too that I don't think I've had in a rub before. Can't put my finger on it and it's delicious.
View attachment 393902

Ingredients:
2 2.5 lb. pork loins
Pitfaced BBQ Meat Massage, as needed to rub
12-14 slices uncooked bacon

Brine:
1 gallon (16 cups) water
1 cup table salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Heat 8 cups water, stir and dissolve salt and sugar. Add pepper flakes if you like. Mix in other 8 cups water to cool faster. When cool, add already cut pork loins and brine 5 hours.

Stuffing Ingredients:
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/3 cup diced celery
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup bacon fat
4 tsp Pitfaced BBQ Meat Massage
1 lb regular pork breakfast sausage
3 cups low or no sodium chicken stock (or broth) + 3 tbsp butter
2 6oz boxes of cornbread stuffing mix

I began by removing the fat and cutting the prk loins flat. Using a boning knife, I cut as if unrolling and made slits where the meat was too thick.
View attachment 393903
View attachment 393904
View attachment 393905
View attachment 393906

From here, the loins went into a brine for 5 hours.
View attachment 393907

For the stuffing, I started by sauteing onion and celery in butter, bacon fat and Pitfaced Meat Massage. (No salt, pepper or other seasoning. Also, there's salt in the butter, rub, sausage, stuffing mix, chicken stock, and in the bacon. I recomend low or no sodium chicken stock/broth to keep it from getting too salty.) The extra butter and bacon fat were intended to keep the stuffing moist so it would not suck the moisture out of the loin. In the same pot, I added and cooked breakfast sausage. Did not drain the sausage fat, again to keep it moist. Then added chicken stock and another 3 tbsp of butter and brought it to a boil. Turned off the heat and stirred in cornbread stuffing mix. After 5 minutes, I spread it out on a tray to cool faster.
View attachment 393908

Once the stuffing cooled and before I could eat it all... it was so good.....I laid plastic wrap on the back of a baking sheet, rubbed the outside of the loins with Pitfaced Meat Massage, laid rub side down on 6 or 7 slices of bacon and put a layer of stuffing. Use half of the stuffing on each pork loin. Then rolled it up in plastic wrap to chill in the fridge overnight.
View attachment 393909
View attachment 393916
View attachment 393917

On Easter day, these beauties went onto a 250° smoker with pecan wood for about 3 hours.
View attachment 393913

I pulled them at around 155° IT because they were stuffed. They went under the broiler for 10 minutes to crisp the bacon a little more. They stayed in a 175° oven to keep warm until dinner.
View attachment 393914

View attachment 393915

My thirteen dinner guests loved and devoured this! It was awesome!
View attachment 393930

The flavor of the Pitfaced Meat Massage got stellar reviews. I can't just save this for special occasions. I have to have it again soon. Can't wait to try the Pitfaced rub on other things, like ribs, too! This is going to be a delicious summer!

Thanks for looking!

OUTSTANDING!

Great job on the cook. Glad you took the Meat Massage along for the ride. :emoji_laughing:

I love seeing all of the unique uses people have for the rub. That looks fabulous. Congrats on hitting the carousel!

Thanks a bunch for sharing. :emoji_blush:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky