Pit Boss Verticle Pellet Smoker Temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pb19

Original poster
Aug 15, 2021
Using original water pan and filling it with water and placing it in the 3rd set of holes or 4th set of holes above the heat deflector creates very good cabinet temperatures. Set at 225 cabinet temp runs between 218 and 230. Set at 250 the cabinet temp is 240ish to 260.. Now if I set the smoker at 275 or higher I place the water pan down in the second set of holes or the 1st row of holes and it holds the temperature swing to a minimal like maybe 8 degrees lower to 10 degrees higher than the set temperature. I also control the temperature by running the chimney cap anywhere’s from 1/8 th inch to 1inch gap from the top of the chimney. (The gap is between the top of the chimney stack to the bottom edge of the side of the chimney cap which can be turned to either raise or lower the cap). I’m very pleased and use the in cold and warm temperatures in michigan all year round. No matter what temp I set the smoker at I can control it within a temp swing of 10 to 15 degrees, in the cabinet compared to the set temp😁

Using original water pan and filling it with water and placing it in the 3rd set of holes or 4th set of holes above the heat deflector creates very good cabinet temperatures. Set at 225 cabinet temp runs between 218 and 230. Set at 250 the cabinet temp is 240ish to 260.. Now if I set the smoker at 275 or higher I place the water pan down in the second set of holes or the 1st row of holes and it holds the temperature swing to a minimal like maybe 8 degrees lower to 10 degrees higher than the set temperature. I also control the temperature by running the chimney cap anywhere’s from 1/8 th inch to 1inch gap from the top of the chimney. (The gap is between the top of the chimney stack to the bottom edge of the side of the chimney cap which can be turned to either raise or lower the cap). I’m very pleased and use the in cold and warm temperatures in michigan all year round. No matter what temp I set the smoker at I can control it within a temp swing of 10 to 15 degrees, in the cabinet compared to the set temp😁
Also no error codes

Reactions: Johnny Ray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky