Pit-Boss Vertical Smoker W/Mods (Tulsa, OK) $225

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beech350guy

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 20, 2020
Oklahoma
Greetings, I have a Pit-Boss Vertical smoker for sale. Technically it's the "PBV4PS1". Inside it has 5 cooking racks, and they all tall enough for a brisket.
I have done the following mods:
  • Smoke Daddy cold smoke generator ($120) - This allows you to throw some pretty serious smoke and control the amount precisely with a variable speed on the air pump (see pics)
  • Water pan Baffles - when taking the water pan out for cleaning, this prevents the water from splashing overboard. Its actually really handy, and the baffles are removable for cleaning.
  • Drip Shield over control board - I got tired of cleaning drips off the controls, so I riveted together a see-thru drip shield. Works as advertised.
This year I replaced the temp sensor and electronics. Pit-boss sent them both to me, even though I know it was only the probe that went out. The smoker itself in incredibly easy to use. Just hit the power button, and it lights itself.

This has been a great little smoker for us. Once the smoke period is done, if will literally run forever on a tank of pellets. Truthfully, if it doesn't sell, I will keep it for bigger cooks that require more space. It comes with a cover, and I think I actually have an additional cover for it somewhere around here. Pit-Boss sent me two, and wouldn't take back the second, even though I called and offered. Comes full of pellets too :-) I vacuum the ashes out after every cook, so its a very clean unit.

Located just south of Tulsa. For pickup only. $225

Thanks!

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Drip Shield.jpg
    Drip Shield.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Front 1.jpg
    Front 1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 119
  • Interior2.jpg
    Interior2.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Shield 2.jpg
    Shield 2.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Smoke Daddy.jpg
    Smoke Daddy.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Smoke Pan Baffles.jpg
    Smoke Pan Baffles.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Smoke Pump.jpg
    Smoke Pump.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 137
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky