Pit Boss Red Rock vertical 2 series

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve Toepfer

Original poster
Jun 21, 2018
I just received one of these for Father’s Day. I seasoned it this morning,but can not get the temp over 280 degrees. Are there adjustments or tricks I can use to get it hotter? It is suppose to go to 350 degrees.

In general the grate temp tends to be quite different from factory mounted gauges. Do you have a separate thermometer that you can use to get the grate temp? That would be your best bet for accuracy.

George

I actually have one and of these and i used a Outside Temp gauge and at 280 on the gauge i was reading up to 348 degrees on my probe on the top grate as i moved down some it went as high as 365 degrees on the bottom grate. So its very capable of getting hotter and what i can tell if you really wanna build heat up you can crack the back vent only one and the other close it and it'll heat up real quick especially when you add the smoke in it but since you have had yours how do you like it after a few months?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky