Pit Boss Copperhead 5 series

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nawlinsboy2007

Original poster
Dec 10, 2017
New Orleans
Has anyone used the flame to sear steaks or other cuts of meat by removing the heat shield and water pan. I know on the grills there is a shield that can slide over for this purpose. I havent received my smoker yet. It should be in either tomorrow or early next week so I'm not familiar with the components yet.

My son has 1 but I seen no easy or good way to do that, I would just put on smoke for about 45 minutes then throw on a really hot grill or skillet with some real butter already melted in it.

Some of the Pitboss grills have a sliding heat deflector to allow for direct heat grilling. It's not completely open over the firepot however. There are slots in the heat deflector to allow some flame and heat to get through.

Reactions: Nawlinsboy2007
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky