Pit Boss Controller Info

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Markl

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 1, 2020
Minnesota
I purchased a Pit Boss Rancher XL R2.
pbsmoker.jpg

This seems rare in itself being it's hard to find any info on a R2. It appears the R2 has the shelving across the front and the side, it also had a I'll call it a 'upscale' controller on it. If you have this controller and are having issues with it, apparently it's been discontinued as mine should never have been called a controller as it seemed to do what it wanted to.
Mine was messing up from day one, no way to set a temp, was always 100 deg over and no way to bring it back down. After discussing the issue with PB tech support they sent me a new controller and internal temp probe. What I got wasn't what I had and I wasn't too happy at first. After several cooks now and got used to the plain jane smaller led screen, I'm quite happy with the performance of it.
So if you have this controller and experiencing issues, get rid of it.

Bad/Discontinued Controller:
oldcontroller.jpg

New Controller:
newcontroller.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky