Pit Boss and Lumber Jack pellets for use in MES 30 with AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PAS

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
N.E. OHIO
This is kind of a two part situation. A friend gave me some Pit Boss apple pellets to use in my AMNPS so I converted them to dust to use with my first cheese smoke (MES 30). They burned fine so in the mean time I wrote to Pit Boss and asked what these apple pellets were made of. Their reply was this, "Our pellets are a mix of a seasonal base wood and then the wood it is flavored with. All of the pellets are a proprietary blend."
If they wont admit what they are they are getting tossed in the trash.

I know Lumber Jack pellets are stated as to exactly what they are as are the Amazen pellets and dust.
I want to try the Lumber Jack sweet wood blend of 80% cherry and 20% apple. I would convert some to dust also. I have read that cherry is the hardest to keep lit. Hopefully the apple will fix that.
Has anyone used these?

Purchase AMAZN pellets and turn to dust... I do.... Love Todd's REAL wood pellets...
I buy on sale with the $40 minimum so I get free shipping... Todd has sales about every 3 months..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky