Pineapple-Gochujang Glazed Rib Chops!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
My wife was surfing for meal ideas and came across a tasty recipe to try……

Started with some nice rib on chops….
2F384558-9C66-46C4-88FE-AD0DDF5E00FC.jpeg

Got these from the butcher 5.50/lb……they were double chops and I cut them into singles…..
0198334B-A3C4-4FDC-B0E5-C576677D9944.jpeg

Dropped them in a marinade
1/2 cup classic olive
1c soy
5 garlic cloves
1/4c sugar in the raw
4 Tbsp Worcestershire
2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tsp chili flakes
1/2 Tsp black pepper
A5654C48-B8F8-4369-A898-2E80A01DD99A.jpeg

All ready to grill! This pic shows the size of these baby’s!
D438148B-90A8-46F0-8DFD-B2289CAF1229.jpeg

Seared them on the Weber sear zone 4 mins per side…..the flip….
8E88A387-1877-4962-BE2D-129C201EBC8C.jpeg

After 8 mins of total sear they were @ a INT of 120 ish so I moved them up to the top rack and then roasted them (350 on the Weber gauge) till each on me hit a INT of 145 then I pulled them to rest…….bingo all done….
9577AEA0-2A43-4290-873C-AB248A9C8922.jpeg

The glaze is simple but tasty…..
1c pineapple juice along with some crushed pineapple
4 Tbsp gochujang
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp sugar in the raw
1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

The chop was paired with some rice and greens then topped with the glaze & chipped GOs and Thai Basil……
387ABA81-DA5E-4C4B-BFD8-669E4DCE9C95.jpeg

Grilled pork rib chop money!
B2E94258-9BBE-4F13-8AA8-77AAE488E2CB.jpeg

The salad is a pineapple vinaigrette my wife made up……a perfect pairing!
B374B41F-BFB3-44B3-B062-7185F9D26AD0.jpeg

Thanks for watching!

That looks killer. I came across a maple gochujang rib recipe a while back... looks like the bump I needed to finally try it.

Beeeeeeeautiful looking meal Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

That looks like a great Korean BBQ.

gochujang and ssamjang are my favorite condiments.
Much appreciated 90b! We do lots of gochujang just a great flavor!
Great looking meal!
Nice random find for just crusing the web.

Don
Thanks drdon, the wife is a sleuth on the web….she can find just about anything!
fabulous bud thanks for sharing
Many thanks negolien!
Chops look great, nice colour

David
Many thanks David! The marinade helps with color and caramelization under the heat!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That looks killer. I came across a maple gochujang rib recipe a while back... looks like the bump I needed to finally try it.
Much appreciated mr w! Maple gochujang would be money! That would be worth a try….that has me thinking about that on some baby backs now!
Fantastic are they real sweet or more spicy?
Thanks DB! It’s more savory with a hint of sweet heat. You can’t pour it over the rice and eat I’m not into super sweet!
Have mercy! Another high end restaurant looking meal.

Jim
Many thanks Jim! Welcome to the CS pop up, were you realize you actually home when it comes time for the dish work to begin…..lol
Beeeeeeeautiful looking meal Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, it kind came together quick and ended up looking like we spent all day on it! It tasted all day good!

Looks fantastic! And great combination with salad. I will have to try the pineapple with our usual salad dressing also. Yum all the way around.

Wow...and I mean WOW!! That whole meal looks amazing. I know you showcased the chops, but everything on the plate is absolute first class. Fantastic work.

Robert

My wife was surfing for meal ideas and came across a tasty recipe to try……

Started with some nice rib on chops….
View attachment 660996
Got these from the butcher 5.50/lb……they were double chops and I cut them into singles…..
View attachment 660997

Dropped them in a marinade
1/2 cup classic olive
1c soy
5 garlic cloves
1/4c sugar in the raw
4 Tbsp Worcestershire
2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tsp chili flakes
1/2 Tsp black pepper
View attachment 660998
All ready to grill! This pic shows the size of these baby’s!
View attachment 660999
Seared them on the Weber sear zone 4 mins per side…..the flip….
View attachment 661000
After 8 mins of total sear they were @ a INT of 120 ish so I moved them up to the top rack and then roasted them (350 on the Weber gauge) till each on me hit a INT of 145 then I pulled them to rest…….bingo all done….
View attachment 661001
The glaze is simple but tasty…..
1c pineapple juice along with some crushed pineapple
4 Tbsp gochujang
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp sugar in the raw
1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

The chop was paired with some rice and greens then topped with the glaze & chipped GOs and Thai Basil……
View attachment 661002
Grilled pork rib chop money!
View attachment 661003
The salad is a pineapple vinaigrette my wife made up……a perfect pairing!
View attachment 661008
Thanks for watching!

Looks awesome. You had me at gochujang. :emoji_yum:

JC :emoji_cat:

Looks fantastic! And great combination with salad. I will have to try the pineapple with our usual salad dressing also. Yum all the way around.
Thanks KO! Pineapple dressing is an excellent variety to have in the mix. We had raw almonds, coconut and won ton chips…
Wow...and I mean WOW!! That whole meal looks amazing. I know you showcased the chops, but everything on the plate is absolute first class. Fantastic work.

Robert
Much appreciated Robert! A good chop is a meal all by its self but when in a full meal makes for a feast! The rib portion was YUMMY!!!
Looks awesome. You had me at gochujang. :emoji_yum:

JC :emoji_cat:
Lol JC, thanks! Gochujang is bang bang!
Sounds and looks fantastic ! Great plate .👍
Many thanks jax!

Reactions: JC in GB
Thanks KO! Pineapple dressing is an excellent variety to have in the mix. We had raw almonds, coconut and won ton chips…

Much appreciated Robert! A good chop is a meal all by its self but when in a full meal makes for a feast! The rib portion was YUMMY!!!

Lol JC, thanks! Gochujang is bang bang!

Many thanks jax!
OK, so, I got raw almonds, ccoconut, and won ton chips, anything else to add to the ingredients? enquiring minds want to know?

OK, so, I got raw almonds, ccoconut, and won ton chips, anything else to add to the ingredients? enquiring minds want to know?
Here you go….. let me know what you think if you try it.

1/2c Classic Olive
1/4c 100% pineapple juice
4 Tbsp white wine vinegar (she likes Moderna WWV, but it’s hard to get, usually only at specialty stores, world market has it)
1/2 Tsp Dijon
1 Tbsp diced shallot
1/4 Tsp white pepper
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tbsp honey
Blended in the blender - it goes creamy!

My wife has a mini smoothy type blender she does all her dressing s in.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Marinated grilled chops are one of my favorites, and your looks over the top!

Dave
Thanks Dave! Yea these are tasty little chops. The meat around the bone is money.

I’ve done lots of the whole rack of pork which is awesome but these were better liked by the fam…..go figure. I may try them as double and the super smoke before the sear because inquiring minds want to know! Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky