Piggies in a pinwheel

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
My 6 year old son Ryder likes to read books with a flash light before falling asleep. Recently he has been looking through all of our cook books and showing me things he would like to make. So I gifted him a cook book I have had for a long time called "a man a can a plan" its full of easy things to cook from canned goods so I thought this would be perfect for him to pick meals from and make himself. Well he picked his first one and a dessert for afterwards. Unfortunately I was at work late and didnt get pictures of him making them with his mom but I did get some of him and his little bro eating the dessert.

This is the book
0127202059a_HDR.jpg

And the the two recipes he picked
0127202045.jpg
0127202059_HDR.jpg

Here are the ones leftover ...he made sure I had plenty for when I got off work.lol!
0127202045a.jpg

Then on to dessert.. Man it looks great!
0127202043b_HDR.jpg

Knox is digging in first!
0127202048.jpg

Mmmmmm thats good!
0127202048a.jpg

Hey bro try a bite!
0127202054.jpg

Thanks bro!
0127202054a.jpg

Ryder takes a big bite of his
0127202052f.jpg

And his signature thumbs up of approval !
0127202053e.jpg

Just another fun night with the boys! Ryder says thanks for taking a look!

So cool! That recipe book is fantastic, a great hobby for your son and the family as tasters is gold.

I wish I had that for the boys when they left home or saying that even when I left home :emoji_sunglasses:

Reactions: Sowsage
For not having any pictures of puppies that's about as cute as anything I've ever seen Travis! Congrats on having a couple of fine looking young boys, the future of America! RAY

Reactions: Sowsage
Good Job Ryder!!
x-ray I'll let him know you gave him a good job when he gets home from school he will appreciate it
Great teaching the kids the ropes of the kitchen.

Warren
Warren, I agree and its more than just learning to cook!
For not having any pictures of puppies that's about as cute as anything I've ever seen Travis! Congrats on having a couple of fine looking young boys, the future of America! RAY
Thanks RAY!
Great job Sowsage!

That's right start them young....

BIG LIKE!

John
Thanks John ! Yep he knows his way around the kitchen pretty good for his age. Funny story. My mom took him to a cousins b-day party on a Saturday the wife and I both had to work. They had tacos. ( American style like taco bell) My mom asked him what he wanted on his taco and his reply was " chorizo lime and cilantro" lol. I guess they all got a kick out of it. Poor Ryder had no idea what was so funny. Hahaha!

Reactions: xray
Big LIKE my friend. My 6 year old daughter is starting to poke around the kitchen and get interested. She loves making homemade pizzas. Might have to get a simple cookbook like this for her. Awesome post!

Big LIKE my friend. My 6 year old daughter is starting to poke around the kitchen and get interested. She loves making homemade pizzas. Might have to get a simple cookbook like this for her. Awesome post!
Thanks ! Yep if shes interested go with it! We do the pizza thing too. Thats always a fun one!

Nice way to spend an afternoon or early evening. My sister would have either dropped it on the floor and then give it to me to eat or smashed it in my face when Mom and Dad weren't looking.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice way to spend an afternoon or early evening. My sister would have either dropped it on the floor and then give it to me to eat or smashed it in my face when Mom and Dad weren't looking.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris ! Oh trust me they have their moments for sure! Lol

That's just awesome! Give Ryder a big like from me. Its great him learning to cook, something he will appreciate all through life plus the added bonus of time spent together. I had to laugh, my wife just came home with a recipe yesterday and said we need to make these

20200130_103045.jpg

While not exactly the same, they are pretty darn close. Recipe is from monthly living with energy magazine from local electric coop.

Good job again
Ryan

That's just awesome! Give Ryder a big like from me. Its great him learning to cook, something he will appreciate all through life plus the added bonus of time spent together. I had to laugh, my wife just came home with a recipe yesterday and said we need to make these

View attachment 430433

While not exactly the same, they are pretty darn close. Recipe is from monthly living with energy magazine from local electric coop.

Good job again
Ryan
I'll be sure and give him the like! Thats funny your wife showed you that. Those look pretty good. We get a magazine through our coop too. Some good recipes in it from time to time

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky