Picture size limits?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My issue never mentioned pics being too big. They would be loading and at the last near 100% error out. Sometimes a couple would load and then it would do it. Sometimes I cold save the post then go back in on edit to add more. It was such a pain I just quit posting anything with pics for awhile.

Is there a new limit on the size of pictures we can post? I just tried to post a picture in a thread I was starting and it said something to the effect: picture size is too big. It's the same size that I've been posting for years.

Chris
No not new. It's been set at 6mb for a while now how big is the photo?

No not new. It's been set at 6mb for a while now how big is the photo?

Sorry Brian I meant to reply to this yesterday. The pics are a touch over 7mb. I understand that the limit is 6, but I didn't change anything on my end and then poof one day they were too big to download. Thanks for letting me know the limit. I'll make the adjustments.

Chris

Late to this thread, but tbh this is why I rarely post pics anymore here. My android saves photos too big to post and it's too much of a hassle to convert them to a smaller size. Never had that issue with my old iPhone.

Late to this thread, but tbh this is why I rarely post pics anymore here. My android saves photos too big to post and it's too much of a hassle to convert them to a smaller size. Never had that issue with my old iPhone.
I post from my Android all the time, but it is through my laptop. Still, never had any problem...

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Timely post. I always took the time to resize any pics to share but just recently I completely forgot and for whatever reason the forum did it for me, both from my phone and laptop.

After I take a pic I look at it then just screenshot on my phone to get it much smaller

I made this same mistake while in vacation. I set my phone (s22+ ultra) up to the best picture it could take. Every single picture was great, except it was too large for any forum upload. So I had to go in and change the camera setting. It still takes super great pics, but not at the MP I could blow up to a 3'x5' pic and not lose any quality.

I use a Google Pixel 7 pro on Android. I've never had to resize any pics I post here. I never changed any stock settings on my phone either. Wonder why it is different for you?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky