Picture of my first smoked ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doug123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 14, 2006
Pittsburgh
3-2-1 method. They really turned out good. Very tasty!

Glad this site is here or I would have been clueless on what to do.

The family really liked them.

Thanks!
239627d8_vbattach10705.jpg

Thanks everybody!!!

I want to try some spareribs next. I think they will be even better. The country style are a little to 'porky' for me. Good to start out with though, I feel more comfortable for round 2. Didn't know how my smoker was going to perform.

I need to get some ribracks, what I'm using is only 16in.

I used hickory wood and made up a rub of the recipes that were on here. It was basically what I had in the cupboard. Lemon pepper, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, salt, cayenne. I think that was it. Coated with mustard, put on the rub, through them in for 3-2-1 pretty much. I pulled them off with tongs and it wasn't easy, they were literally falling apart.

I think it was 7 pounds of ribs and I had about 5 pounds of grease in the water pan :lol:

My Dad gave me some venison steaks and ground meat. I think I want to try to whip something up with that soon also.

Anyway, thanks a lot and I love this new hobby! Hopefully I will get a lot of use out of this thing and we will be eating good this Summer :D

Try adding some brown or raw sugar to your rubs, as it will complement the other spices. The ribs look great! I bet your hooked now!

Man oh man! Those do look tasty...I gotta be careful not to short out my keyboard by droolin on it!

Cheers,
Brian

Hi Woody,

I believe I got it in May or so. Someone gave it to me. I don't like how there is no temperature regulation but I like it and have been learning a lot.

I'm new to smoking but with a lot of help from all the great people on this site I have turned out some pretty good meals. I'm definitely hooked and plan on doing this for a long time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky