Pickled Green Tomatoes Relish Take 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
So I tried making a sugar free version of those Pickled Green Tomatoes like they serve at Catfish places around here last year. This whole batch below ended up in the trash! The texture and taste just not right. I wish would of saved what I did or at least what kind of sugar. I picked up some green tomato's today and going to try again only this time think just go with real sugar! Thought about trying Truvia Cane Sugar Blend but that might of been what I used last time. Just don't remember. I using this lady's recipe:

Trashed!
20200614_094226zZ.jpg

Reactions: kruizer
Notebooks are great for recording what you've done so you can refer back to them time after time.. they're also a great place to make comments about what you did or didn't like and what changes you make the next time etc.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I think that Monkfruit blends would work well. Even better is my new favorite Allulose. Splenda is an option as well.

I think that Monkfruit blends would work well. Even better is my new favorite Allulose. Splenda is an option as well.
I do have a bag of that Allulose. I really don't want to mess this one up. This lady does not cook the tomatoes in the liquid and does a salt brine. This should fix the texture thing. Thought about just using sugar but 1 3/4 cups for 5 pints quite a bit.

I do have a bag of that Allulose. I really don't want to mess this one up. This lady does not cook the tomatoes in the liquid and does a salt brine. This should fix the texture thing. Thought about just using sugar but 1 3/4 cups for 5 pints quite a bit.
Just taste and adjust. Usually will need more of the artificial to get the sweetness needed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky