Picanhapalooza: Two Great Meals (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great score on the dozen. Even better prep. Love the 2nd round, pure delicious comfort Robert!
Appreciate the kind words Matt.The only drawback to the 2nd dinner was that the roast was cooked past my beloved med rare after re-heating in the gravy. Was still tender and delicious though.

Robert

Reactions: schlotz
Nice Robert, I have to find Picanha again.
We can talk :emoji_wink: I have 10 left. Cooked one and another went to one of our most famous members.
I thought for sure the second meal was going to end up on a roll like a french dip.
You are really close to being correct. That was the original intent till the weather started turning south on us. As it got colder I just wanted some comfort food so shifted gears and went this direction.

Robert

Reactions: clifish
That is fantastic, Robert!!
Thank you Charles. Both came out well but the leftover dinner seemed to be more popular than the original...but I can understand why.
And Tracy is definitely a KEEPER...
Yes she is. I figured that out about halfway through our 2nd date. She tried to fire me a couple times but I went to HR and got my job back :emoji_laughing: It really helped though the first time I went to her house and her dog (Bianca's predecessor) blew right past Tracy and ran up to me for some attention. The dog loved me and that sealed the deal :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Flatrate
OMG Robert!
I know I can’t top that, but I can try, thanks to you!
Thanks very much Al. Although I appreciate the kind words and the humble nature of your reply, I have 100% faith that you'll knock it out of the park buddy. I cannot wait to see what you make of that thing so please don't keep us in suspense any longer :emoji_laughing:

Robert

A couple of great looking plate there Robert, nice work!
Thanks so much my friend. don't know if you've ever done a Picanha but they are somewhat similar to a tri tip...which I know you've done a few thousand of. The Picanha seems to be a bit more tender and have more depth of flavor.

Robert

Does look good.

On my list to try.....
Very much appreciate it Rick. The Picanha can be tough to find locally, at least for a lot of the folks here. If you have a good online source that you use, it might be available.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
that looks good both ways. i got to work on my photography. my pictures suck
Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm just using an old Samsung Galaxy S8 so it's not like I have a bunch of top shelf photography equipment. I probably wouldn't know how to use a camera if I had to. Talk to jcam222 jcam222 and maybe he can help. That man puts together some of the best displayed meals I've ever seen.

Robert

Very much appreciate it. Was kind of a fun way to use the roast in a couple different ways...and that second meal was just one to warm the soul.

Robert
With the price of things these days stretching things out and getting variety is a huge thing in our house. Ie a left over meal that isn't leftovers! That second plate is pure money to me!

Thanks Brian!! Now I just have to figure out how to do one Mexican style and we'll both be in Heaven buddy :emoji_laughing:

Robert
I just rubbed a brisket up with you beef rub. I meant to inject than season in morn but got ahead of my self. First brisket not injected in a while. We will see how it comes out. Finally got to try out that bread machine to make the dough for Prepared Pantry Black Russian (Pumpernickel) Bread Mix. Boy that was easy. Getting ready to go in oven.

This the 2nd time making this. If you like Pumpernickel this is great!

Last edited:
We can talk :emoji_wink: I have 10 left. Cooked one and another went to one of our most famous members.

You are really close to being correct. That was the original intent till the weather started turning south on us. As it got colder I just wanted some comfort food so shifted gears and went this direction.

Robert
yeah, well I am not that famous. Like you said in another reply, this and the tritip do not take kindly to anything over rare.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky