Piacentinu Ennese (Saffron & Peppercorn)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
We're now well into the second month of the kitchen remodel, I miss cooking. In the meantime, new cheese!

All the coloring for this comes from saffron - no annatto at all. It tastes like a cheddar that has a subtle exotic spiciness to it. It was aged two months initially -- I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops with more time.

1675432931004.png

This is how it started out

1675432954639.png

After drying at room temp and flipping a few times a day for almost a week.

1675432993394.png

Out of the aging cave after two months

1675433040723.png

That is a work of art! Amazing.

For a second, I thought your title was about smoking a placenta. I thought I’d pretty much seen everything that could be smoked on this site. 😆

That looks really great!
Thanks!

great color, looks so good!
Thank you. I was amazed by how yellow it ended up from not much saffron.

That is a work of art! Amazing.

For a second, I thought your title was about smoking a placenta. I thought I’d pretty much seen everything that could be smoked on this site. 😆
Thank you, and ewwwww.

Now that is a new one on me Loyd. Looks Great!
Thanks!

Looks great from here Loyd.

Point for sure
Chris

Beautiful looking cheese, Loyd. Nice job.

If I remember correctly, this particular cheese is normally aged for about 2 months. How long did you ultimately go?

Looks great from here Loyd.
Thanks!

Beautiful looking cheese, Loyd. Nice job.

If I remember correctly, this particular cheese is normally aged for about 2 months. How long did you ultimately go?
Thank you. This one went a few days over 2 months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky