PIA Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I fired up the Traeger Timberline and made some PIA Chicken Thighs. I removed the skin and scraped the fat off. I rubbed the skinned thigh, put the skin on and applied some SPOG. I gave it a nice butter bath and then smoked at 275 F with a final glaze of bbq sauce.

I got perfect bite through skin. A lot of work but worth it.

If you want to see the full process, I posted this earlier at https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pia-bbq-chicken.286760/

PIA chicken 1.jpg

PIA chicken 2.jpg

PIA chicken 3.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

Nice work disco. I do thighs the same why alot of the time. Definitely a pain to scrape all those skins lol

Love thighs but never get the skin right. Going to have to put in the effort.
Great job!

Better PIA then MIA Disco. Those thighs look fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: TNJAKE
Love thighs but never get the skin right. Going to have to put in the effort.
Great job!

This method gives great bite through skin but is messy and a lot of work. She Who Must Be Obeyed always clucks with the chicken fat all over the cutting board.

Better PIA then MIA Disco. Those thighs look fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

Har! She Who Must Be Obeyed might disagree with you about MIA being bad! Thanks for the point Chris!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky