PIA BBQ Chicken on the Bradley P10

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I like my PIA chicken, but it is a lot of work, so I don't do it all the time. However, I wanted to see how my Bradley P10 would handle it. This is just a report on how it turned out from the P10. If you want a full tutorial on how I make it check out my prior post, https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pia-bbq-chicken.286760/

In short, I removed the skin from chicken thighs and scraped the fat off. I seasoned the meat and replaced the skin.

PIA BBQ Chicken 1.jpg

I put the thighs in a butter/oil bath and smoked at 275 F for 45 minutes.

PIA BBQ Chicken 2.jpg

I put the thighs right on the grill and smoked to an internal temperature of 175 F. I brushed with BBQ sauce and smoked for 10 minutes to glaze.

PIA BBQ Chicken 3.jpg

PIA BBQ Chicken 4.jpg

It turned out great. I think it took a few minutes longer to get to the internal temperature but nothing major. The skin was still bite through and it tasted great. The Bradley did a fine job.

Disco

Looks like a fine plate of PIA chicken Disco.

Point for sure
Chris

Look's great I remember your original post. Suggestion for you being its so much work double the amount when you cook and I will come by and help eat it. :emoji_wink:

Warren

Look's great I remember your original post. Suggestion for you being its so much work double the amount when you cook and I will come by and help eat it. :emoji_wink:

Warren

Thanks, Warren! What a great idea! Come on up!

It might be a PIA Disco but man those look tasty!! Perfect cook sir.

Robert

Thanks, Robert. I think it makes perfect chicken but She Who Must Be Obeyed whinges about the mess.

Beautiful piece of work Disco, and quite a bit of work too, Like! RAY

Thanks, Ray. Sometimes I do the work to spoil myself!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky