Phosphate- secret weapon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Internal temp at 121 three hours in. Panned with 4 cups of beef broth and foiled. AMNPS out. I can tell it's going to be juicy when I probed it.
Nylon bag doing great! Left it on.
20180722_131935.jpg
20180722_132548.jpg

Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
Finished in 4 hours. Rest drain and save broth. Net and string removed. Wrapped in foil and in the fridge to cool before slicing.
20180722_155520.jpg

Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
12# turkey injected with salt sugar STPP and cure #1 in Apple juice and slaughterhouse poultry injection seasoning.
I opted to only inject instead of brine.
Stuffed I a large zip lock bag and will be a 2 week wait in the fridge.
Wait 2 weeks if you must . That will be ready next weekend , ( if you did a full injection ) or anytime if you go hot and fast .

What was the internal when you pulled it off ?
135 internal. It coasted a couple more degrees.
Wait 2 weeks if you must . That will be ready next weekend , ( if you did a full injection ) or anytime if you go hot and fast .

I want a full cure. 10 days minimum. 14 days is going to give me some grace.

Sliced pics! Sooo juicy and tender! Not chewy at all. Better than any store bought deli roast beef I've had. Very smooth texture and the beef flavor really comes through but only slightly Smokey. Yielded 2 pkgs a little over 1 lb each afer all my nibbling.
20180723_173502.jpg
20180723_173638.jpg
20180723_174307.jpg
20180723_175130.jpg

After you ate most of it....lol. I can see why! It really does look fantastic! You're going to have to make two next time so you can eat one while you package up the other...:p...

I'm really going to have to get a slicer ...and a vac sealer ...and a deep freezer.

Thanks folks. And for the likes.
I couldn't stop shoving it in my face. Lol! I'm making burgers tonight but wouldn't mind a Sammie! The broth is calling my namebfor an open faced with gravy with mushrooms and onions or a French dip.

Funny you mentioned the freezer Kris. I just picked up another one on CL yesterday.

Thanks again Chop and DaveO for your insight on phosphates.

Thanks moto. It really did exceed even what I was expecting. Way better!

Last edited:
Man that's beautiful. Great job. I need to do this with beef for deli style roast beef.

Man that's beautiful. Great job. I need to do this with beef for deli style roast beef.

Do it! You wont be dissapointed. For just the cost alone for what you pay for roast beef like that! Turned that cheap round into something special. Thanks for the like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky