Philly style Cheesesteaks on Blackstone (first attempt)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Central PA Cowboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Central PA
As some of you already know, I received a Blackstone Charcoal/Griddle Combo earlier in the week. This morning I seasoned it to get ready for this post. The first meal my wife and I agreed on was cheesesteaks. So, here we go.

First, green peppers and sweet onions:

6-ECD661-D-E554-4-D9-D-A157-415-E8-A0-C2-D70.jpg

The shaved sirloin seasoned with SPOG:

2-F6-B2-EF3-F4-F3-4-EDF-B973-6-C705-F578-D20.jpg

Steak mixed with the peppers and onions and topped with American cheese:

E04-DB87-F-CADE-486-D-967-B-CB1-D2-B0-E7093.jpg

Buns added to the griddle for toasting:

2-DD0-CF38-8-C3-C-4-AC0-9187-3-FB21-B0835-F8.jpg

The finished product:

CA255588-387-C-4989-ABC9-7859738923-A3.jpg

Overall, I’m a big fan of this griddle and understand why so many of you use them so often. I don’t know who was the first to start using this griddle and posting on here, but I like you.

This cheesesteak was like one you’d get at a restaurant. My wife and I really enjoyed the cheesesteaks and I’m excited to use the griddle again tomorrow. I’m thinking the next meal will be shrimp fried rice.

Thanks for looking!

-Derek

Very Good Derek!!
I've eaten Thousands, and yours would be a Great Choice.
Nice Job & enjoy that Flat Top!!
Like.

Bear

Very nice Derek you nailed it. Glad you like the flat top. It gives you so much room for activities (step brothers plug). I been doing cheesesteaks almost weekly lol

Just got a Blackstone and did my first Phillies as well. The falt top is amazing. Good looking sammies!

Looks good. I can’t wait to get a flat top. My buddy had me convinced when he was telling me how easy it was to make breakfast. And how easy cleanup was.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Excellent Derek, I'm thrilled for you! All of what chopsaw chopsaw said and a little trick to add. When you are ready to put the cheese on your Philly, toss it on and give it a little shot of water on the griddle, then cover it with a pan top. In 30 seconds you'll have melted goodness throughout your Philly, and be looking forward to your next trick. Huge Like Derek, nice piece of work! RAY

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great Derek! From all that I've seen lately, there's no end to what can be done on these Griddles. Hope to see more soon. Enjoy!

Mike

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks like your first cook was a success! Good looking sandwiches

Ryan

Overall, I’m a big fan of this griddle and understand why so many of you use them so often
My wife and I really enjoyed the cheesesteaks and I’m excited to use the griddle again tomorrow.

He's hooked he's hooked, his brain is cooked....like a lot of the rest of us :emoji_wink:

They are a ton of fun to cook on, no question about that and you did a fantastic job Derek. Those look really, really good!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky