Philly Cheesesteak Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Needed something for supper for wife and I as well as some leftovers for tomorrow. I have a ton of peppers and onions around so thawed out some shaved beef. Decided to go pizza style.

Didn't document a lot of prep today just got right at it. Most is pretty straight forward. Sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms. I like to precook them for pizza. Cooked the shaved beef with just some salt, pepper and accent. The sauce on the left is my homemade alfredo sauce. I make that so often for so many uses I don't measure anymore. Few tablespoons of butter with some garlic sizzling for a bit. I add almond flour until the roux is what I want then cream, some cream cheese and lastly parmesan. I do love adding Gruyere when I have it. In the old days of run to to store daily I may have tried to incorporate sharp provolone into this.

ingredients.jpg

Fathead dough here. Simple recipe 3 cups of mozzarella, 2 oz. cream cheese, nuke for about a minute and mix thoroughly. Add two eggs whipped up with a pinch of salt and a 1/2 tsp white vinegar. lastly fold in the almond flour and work it until you have a nice consistent dough. You can use a dough mixer, I ordinarily just work it with my hands.

fathead dough.jpg

Spread out in a pan, the dough is a bit sticky using parchment paper helps a lot. Once rolled out poke it all over with a fork and then bake at 425F until is starts to firm up. I dont have a hard fast rule I just pull it when it "feels" right lol. Trial and error. Make sure to roll reasonably thin and do the prebake and it will be a great dough. Rush it and it will be mushy. Out of the oven hit it with the sauce. I made it a little thicker for this purpose today.
adding  sauce.jpg

Added the rest of the ingredients with a ton of cheese first and the rest after. About half way through baking I will sprinkle just a bit more cheese on it.

ready for oven.jpg

Back into the 425F oven, I move the rack up to the highest position. Not sure how long I baked as I got sidetracked. Out it comes to cool a bit before slicing.

finished pizza .jpg

Still practicing plating skills for future plans so plated a few pieces up for my wife along with some things I thought she would likes with Philly cheesesteak style pizza. Some Italian roasted peppers, kalamata olives and hot giardiniera on aged parmesan flakes.

plated 1.jpg

That's it, pretty tasty!! Thanks for looking

Looks delicious!
I’m a big homemade pizza fan and make it often for my family too.
My in-laws live with us here in Japan (mother-in-law and 94 year old grandmother) and even my 94-year-old grandmother Now loves pizza. Haha

Reactions: jcam222
Great looking pies.

I love seeing all the pizza guys are trying as of late, I guess being stuck at home with flour, salt, yeast or starter and water makes everyone's mind wander to pizza, because toppings are unlimited.
I've made pizza topped with excellent olive oil coarse sea salt, cold smoked salmon, capers and red onion last week it was much better than I was expecting. I know, no pictures then it didn't happen....LOL
I'll remember to take pictures next week, the copious amounts of red wine got to me by the time the pizza were launched.

Reactions: jcam222 and xray
Great looking pizza, Jeff! Looks like you loaded up on the toppings too, hard to beat a cheese steak style pizza.

You even made it look pretty upscale too.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky