Philco fridge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wvuarmyeng

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
What would a philco from the 1950s be worth to buy? Guy says it's running (which doesn't matter to me) def needs a paint job. I want it for a watt burner/cold smoker

Hello, In my area,those old heavy monsters are not worth much unless they are in really nice working condition. Some like to repaint them with unique paint graphics and relocate them to the man cave to keep the beer cold. Most of the time you can find them free for the taking as long as you can haul them from out of the basement. LOL  

I like my old vintage 1950's Hotpoint smoker fridge for a cold smoker, it's been Getting-R-Done for years!  

Reactions: wvuarmyeng
I have a 1948 Crosley  shelvador  fridge that I currently use today. It's just a mini model fridge and works great for all the stuff the GF don't like me storing in our large fridge in the kitchen.LOL

Powel Crosley Jr. was a very interesting and innovative man for those who didn't know of him. Very much worth anyone's time who would like to research the ideas and inventions he was credited for.

The Crosley shelvador  fridge is not named that not because he invented the fridge, only because he came up with the idea of having shelves in the fridge door for more room.

People ( Appliance people ) like to say that the older appliances use more energy  in return trying to convince you in buying a new appliance from them to save energy. When in fact, some of the older appliances use less energy because they don't have to run all the time because of how well built and insulated they were back in the day.

The only thing I had to do was buy and install new weather stripping around the door. The original replacement weather stripping was $6.00-$7.00 a foot !   Home Depot had weather stripping that worked better then the original for $2.78 a roll. I am very happy with the old fridge 69 years later, AMAZING !  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky