PGSmoker's Reverse Seared Pork Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 23, 2010
Prince George, Va.
If you have never eaten a reverse seared pork chop you just don't know what you are missing!!!!

Anyone who reads my posts knows that my youngest son Trevor and I like to smoke/bbq together frequently.  This was our first opportunity since I started the new job in April.

We decided to do a reverse sear on some thick boneless pork chops.  We smoked them for about an hour using peach wood to an IT of 125 then put them on the Weber Kettle to finish them off and applied a Pomegranate Chipotle glaze.

Here they are ready for the smoker alongside some prepped twice baked potatoes.  I hollowed out the potatoes and put in some salt, pepper, butter, cheese, and sour cream then stuffed it back into the potato skins.

The chops took on a really nice color from the peach wood.  Here they are when we first put them on the Weber.

Here is a closer look...seasoned with just a little Lowry's before smoking.

One of my favorite tools!!!

We flipped them and put on the Pomegranate Chipotle glaze (purchased from Tastefully Simple)

Here's a bear view....mmmmmm!

Plated and ready for eatin' with the twice baked potato and fresh squash saute'd in butter and olive oil with onions and bacon!!!

Hope you enjoyed our Q-view...

Trevor says that the reverse seared pork chops have ruined him for pork chops fixed any other way!

Try 'em, you will love 'em.

Bill

Last edited:
Reactions: texomakid
Pomegranate Chipotle glaze, that sounds so good. And the chops, wow.

This 4th of July, take time to remember how and why we celebrate. It's not just a day to party.

Pomegranate Chipotle glaze, that sounds so good. And the chops, wow.

This 4th of July, take time to remember how and why we celebrate. It's not just a day to party.
Absolutely!  Today we celebrate hard earned independence as a sovereign nation!

Happy 4th everyone!

BTW - I normally only use homemade sauces and glazes but this Pomegranate Chipotle sauce from Tastefully Simple is so good that I just had to put it on the pork chops!  Delicious.

Bill

Last edited:
Nice post Bro!...JJ

Man those look good
drool.gif

Nice post Bro!...JJ
Thanks JJ!  They tasted awesome!
Those look amazing.
Thanks...tasted as good as they looked.
Great looking chops! I like doing a reverse sear on mine and the Mini-WSM Is the perfect smoker to do it!
Oh yeah!  I'm thinking about building a mini when I get back from Germany the end of July.  Can you PM me any advice you have?
Man those look good
drool.gif
Thanks...they were awesome!

So I just salvaged this one out of the archives. I want to know more about this Pomegranate Chipotle glaze? I'm in the process of reverse searing pork chops right now. That sounds like a really nice glaze.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky